Home

So I went to BB to get a Wii and this is all they had...

This is a discussion on So I went to BB to get a Wii and this is all they had... within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2007, 12:38 PM   #41
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: So I went to BB to get a Wii and this is all they had...

Here in Chicagoland area, you can't find the Wii anywhere so that is surprising that in some areas people have them stockpiled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2007, 01:38 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
I honestly don't see what the big deal about the Wii is (except that it's cheaper than the other 2). If history repeats itself, Wii owners are going to be very unhappy in a year or so when there are only a few good games (especially when compared to the other consoles). It happened with the N64 and the Gamecube. Wii Sports will only be fun for so long.
Nope this is exactly what's happening. I had a Wii and sold it. Wii sports is a good party game.

And there are less good Wii titles. Madden is a chore to play. Tiger could be a good game but the putting was a mess. Nintendo did everything right at launch but has failed miserable in putting out fun games. It's not like the Wii's as complicated as a PS3 to program for. It's basically old-gen graphics. What does it tell you when the best game is Wii sports? Says that no other game is of any quality.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:12 PM   #43
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

The Wii is definitely not my cup of tea. It does look fun, though. Maybe I'll check it out sometime.

I saw a couple of Wii's at the Gamestop when I picked up a 360.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:32 PM   #44
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

Was slightly burned by the 64 (though the few good games were fantastic games) and was incinerated by the Gamecube (sorry, but there is no counter argument for this flop), so I am definitely taking the wait and see approach. While the PS3 has sucked, at least it will play my Blu-rays.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:02 PM   #45
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14
While the PS3 has sucked, at least it will play my Blu-rays.

Wow PS3 sucked for you?? I have had a ton of fun playing MLB 07 the show, and the Pro Baseball Spirits 4....

But anyway... Can someone tell me how in the world on Wii SPorts Tennis do I stop lobbing the freaking ball on my forehands and backhands?? Also in Bowling my 6 year old son just bowled a 210... highest I have ever had is a 168 because I cant figure out why my ball is hooking on my... any help so I can beat my 6 year old...

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2007, 03:43 PM   #46
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805
But anyway... Can someone tell me how in the world on Wii SPorts Tennis do I stop lobbing the freaking ball on my forehands and backhands?? Also in Bowling my 6 year old son just bowled a 210... highest I have ever had is a 168 because I cant figure out why my ball is hooking on my... any help so I can beat my 6 year old...
Tennis: Swing harder. I know it sounds stupid, but it's actually true. Make sure you swing through on your swing, as well, don't just flick your wrists.

Bowling: The ball is hooking because you're more than likely going to the side on your follow through. However, you can take advantage of that. If you keep doing the same exact thing, move your character over to either side and use the hook to get your ball to hit where you want.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:52 PM   #47
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805
Wow PS3 sucked for you?? I have had a ton of fun playing MLB 07 the show, and the Pro Baseball Spirits 4....

The Show is good, but feels hurried and not a big enough jump from the PS2 version. The PS3 has sucked, but the Blu ray has saved it. To argue the PS3 has done anything good is pretty futile. 360 has beat it up and down the court with the exception of reliability issues. But as a Blu ray player, it was the best choice in the market until the new Sony $500 player was released.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:56 PM   #48
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

I think that one game that might get me back into the Wii could be Nights. I was a big fan of the original and seeing that a sequel is coming only for the Wii is enticing. I am also waiting on hearing ExtremeGamer's impressions on Resident Evil 4 and Scarface (if you pick this one up).

Last edited by CaptainZombie; 06-16-2007 at 04:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »