Home

Thinking of getting a PSP, is it worth it?

This is a discussion on Thinking of getting a PSP, is it worth it? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2007, 02:04 AM   #17
MVP

SportsAce's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Thinking of getting a PSP, is it worth it?

I got a PSP quite awhile ago and if I had to redo it I would be an easy choice.....BUY A DS. The psp is sitting here collecting a little more dust everyday.
The boys are the squarest,
Of any old school that I knew.
There is no place like Nebraska,
Where they're all true blue.
We'll all stick together,
In all kinds of weather,
For Dear old Nebraska U!

Won't change this signature until Nebraska wins the National Championship...posted 8/16/05
Old 06-27-2007, 01:29 AM   #18
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17

I have both and love both. If your a sports guy than no question the PSP is for you, and it also has some A rated titles as well. The DS has A rated games as well. From Mario to Club house games to really good RPG's and Strategy games
Old 06-27-2007, 03:10 PM   #19
Pro

Dealin Rams's Arena

OVR: 7

Does anyone have any info on the alleged PSP update that I've heard rumors about? At this point are they just rumors, or has Sony announced anything? I don't want to buy a PSP now and have a new version come out in August or September.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:41 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanchild
Does anyone have any info on the alleged PSP update that I've heard rumors about? At this point are they just rumors, or has Sony announced anything? I don't want to buy a PSP now and have a new version come out in August or September.

It's all rumors and Sony hasn't said a word. The best guess is sometime later this year you may see a product refresh. I purchased a 2 year warranty from BB so if there's an updated PSP then i'll just take mine back.

Also the updated PSP will be just that and not the PSP2. It will be similar to the DS and DS Lite.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:23 PM   #21
Pro

Dealin Rams's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster
It's all rumors and Sony hasn't said a word. The best guess is sometime later this year you may see a product refresh. I purchased a 2 year warranty from BB so if there's an updated PSP then i'll just take mine back.

Also the updated PSP will be just that and not the PSP2. It will be similar to the DS and DS Lite.
How does the 2 year warranty from BB allow you to take it back if a "PSP Lite" comes out? I thought BB will only take your item back using a Product Replacement Plan if the product is broken?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2007, 05:45 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanchild
How does the 2 year warranty from BB allow you to take it back if a "PSP Lite" comes out? I thought BB will only take your item back using a Product Replacement Plan if the product is broken?
Yes and no. All you have to do is make something up like the battery doesn't last as long as it should or the unit freezes etc. They'll take it back and give you the option to get another one like it or they'll give you a gift card whichever you prefer.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:02 AM   #23
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

I've had mine about a year and I love it. I just bought a 4 GB memory stick for $36 and now I'm in business. Aside from jammed analog stick problems, I love it. I use it mainly for music and movies though. It's nice when you go on long trips or have to be somewhere where you have to wait to be cared for.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 06-29-2007, 09:12 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

My son has one and just wears it out ... our wireless internet connection hasn't had a chance to cool off since he got it about a year and a half ago. He did have to return it once because the volume started to fizzle out and his headset wouldn't work, but other than that, it's stood up to a 15 year old and a 5 year old abusing it.

I'm thinking of getting one too so I'll have something to do while the wife plays on her DS. I think the PSP has a better variety right now ... but those DS games are pretty cool too ....

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »