Home

Curious, How many people want to trade their PS3 for a 360 since the FPS news?

This is a discussion on Curious, How many people want to trade their PS3 for a 360 since the FPS news? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: I have a PS3 and now I will
Keep the system and wait to see if 30 fps is that bad 39 60.00%
Trade my PS3 and get a 360 or 360 elite 21 32.31%
Keep y ps3, rob a bank or win a lotto, and also buy a 360 5 7.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2007, 11:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Curious, How many people want to trade their PS3 for a 360 since the FPS news?

I wonder, before we heard about the now infamous FPS in Madden and possibly other games, on the PS3, how many people now would like to trade their system for a 360? I know that it is all about the hype, and really, at the end of the day, the games will be quite good on the PS3, but will look smoother on the 360.

In the past, I used to upgrade my pc so I could play NHL, Fifa, NBA, etc..as smooth as possible. I switched to consoles (not that I didn;t own them before), but made the xbox and ps2 my consoles, and initially chose the 360, then traded it thinking that the EA games would be similar, BUT I would have a blast with THE SHOW as well....hence the PS3 is my system.

I am not trying to whine, but I do think other people have done the same and I would like to hear

a. your story
b. what you are going to do...stand pat, trade now why value is high. ????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2007, 12:15 AM   #2
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Curious, How many people want to trade their PS3 for a 360 since the FPS news?

Standing pat... unless the games are unplayable, at which point I'll venture and buy another 360... which I'm likely to do within the next year anyway.. but still.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:19 AM   #3
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Curious, How many people want to trade their PS3 for a 360 since the FPS news?

I'm too stoked for MGS4 and Uncharted to just ditch the PS3 altogether. Push comes to shove I'll just buy another 360 - especially if there's a price cut - but I have a feeling NCAA (my game of choice) will play fine and it won't even come to that.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:12 AM   #4
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

I do not understand the riot over the fps. Everyone is acting like 60 fps is all they ever experienced when in fact 30fps has been the norm for most of the sports games. Go play last years Madden to see what 30fps looks like. People make it sound like the players move at a turtle's pace.

Last edited by nemesis04; 07-07-2007 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:27 AM   #5
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieux66
I wonder, before we heard about the now infamous FPS in Madden and possibly other games, on the PS3, how many people now would like to trade their system for a 360? I know that it is all about the hype, and really, at the end of the day, the games will be quite good on the PS3, but will look smoother on the 360.

In the past, I used to upgrade my pc so I could play NHL, Fifa, NBA, etc..as smooth as possible. I switched to consoles (not that I didn;t own them before), but made the xbox and ps2 my consoles, and initially chose the 360, then traded it thinking that the EA games would be similar, BUT I would have a blast with THE SHOW as well....hence the PS3 is my system.

I am not trying to whine, but I do think other people have done the same and I would like to hear

a. your story
b. what you are going to do...stand pat, trade now why value is high. ????
I am in the same boat as you. I had the 360 and traded for the PS3 and I have thought about going back but not because of the FPS issue, which I really don't think will make a difference to most of us. I am considering going back because PS online is light years behind XBox Live.

If I can play APF online with minimal to no lag than I will be keeping my PS3 because I think it is a better machine (and this is coming from a big time XBox supporter). Aside for this FPS issue that will be resolved next year I am sure, the PS3 beats the 360 in every category except online (which is huge if you are an online gamer of course) IMO.

One of the biggest factors for me is MLB the Show. The game is just too damn good to give it up. MLB 2K7 looks beautiful but I can't stand the gameplay when you compare it to MLB the Show. Everyone has a different opinion and we all need to buy and play what makes us happy.

Last edited by jrivera34; 07-07-2007 at 07:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2007, 09:02 AM   #6
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I've wanted to trade my PS3 before the news of the FPS but due to the low trade value, MLB The Show me being too lazy to throw it on Ebay, I'm keeping it.
Main reason is online.
I could say lack of games too but I knew that going in, so that's my own fault.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-07-2007, 11:51 AM   #7
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I do not understand the riot over the fps. Everyone is acting like 60 fps is all they ever experienced when in fact 30fps has been the norm for most of the sports games. Go play last years Madden to see what 30fps looks like. People make it sound like the players move at a turtle's pace.
Exactly how I feel. Also, for a sports gamer, the PS3 gives me all of the options, especially baseball. Roster control is easier as well. The fps is nice, but it is not a deal breaker for me on just keeping my PS3. At least I don't worry every time I turn it on.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #8
Pro

rdeyes's Arena

OVR: 6

i voted to keep my ps3. i leave my ps3 on for 5 hours a day and not once has it shutdown due to overheating. plus there will be more games coming in the next few weeks and months.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »