Home

360 vs. PS3

This is a discussion on 360 vs. PS3 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2007, 05:02 PM   #1
Rookie

ostie09's Arena

OVR: 3
360 vs. PS3

ive been playing ncaa for years now im the type that has to get it every year so i can have accurate rosters cuz i love playin dynasty mode. anyways ive been playing it on the original xbox lately mainly since rosters are easier to get for it. Since the PS3 came out, ive decided to move on to a next gen console, but the question is which one? I pretty much only play sports game like ncaa, madden, tiger woods and baseball, and ocassionally i like to play socom (which is why im leanin towards PS3). but from what ive been hearing theres a lot of goods and bads for both but i still cant make my mind up.

if ya'll got any suggestions, please id like to hear them

another quick thing is ive been hearin a lot of legal issues with roster sharing latley. im the guy that has to have the real names in the game, so i dont know at this point which console would be easier to get those rosters.

thank you

If you ain't first, you're last.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
Rookie

Mainster's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 360 vs. PS3

If you play online then get 360. Also NCAA for ps3 is only 30 fps versus 60 for the 360. I bought a ps3 2 months ago and rarely use it other than playing MLB The Show.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

XBOX 360's are prone to breaking. My 360 broke on me after 5-7 months after a bought it.

Now I own a PS3 and had my 360 replaced with a brand new one that I have not used but I'm gonna sell it or trade it in torwards some PS3 games.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:39 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Right now, I would say 360 is the better console. Live is by far the greater online community, there is a wider selection of games, and like mainstar said, the football games right now are 60 fps.

With that said, I still think PS3 is the better buy. If you have an HDTV, you should definately think hard about the PS3, since Blu-Ray is gonna explode within a year or two (alot of the big companies are dropping the HD-DVD for Blu-Ray. Also, Blockbuster is going to be carrying Blu-Ray in their stores as opposed to the HD-DVD). Also, buy the Christmas time, there are going to be alot of games coming out for the PS3 (i.e. Haze, Warhawk, SOCOM, and GT5 next year).

You can't go wrong with either, but I personally think the 60GB at $499 is the best deal.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:52 PM   #5
Rookie

razcan's Arena

OVR: 9

A high up at at EA said they would produce upcoming titles on the PS3 and port them to 360. The CEO later downplayed that remark although not denying it. (perhaps it was untrue, perhaps he didn't want to alienate Microsoft, perhaps nothing is set in stone).

This year alone...
360=60fps
PS3=Easy roster sharing

Madden will be 60fps on both consoles although it may mean the PS3 version will take a dip in graphics to accomplish that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2007, 06:01 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

360 is the clear winner for now, maybe next year that will change but i'd go with what you know..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-14-2007, 06:07 PM   #7
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by razcan

Madden will be 60fps on both consoles although it may mean the PS3 version will take a dip in graphics to accomplish that.

where did you hear that?
Old 07-14-2007, 06:33 PM   #8
Rookie

Favre4435's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportGamer24
where did you hear that?
Some NCAA producer said it. It is still highly UNconfirmed right now though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »