Home

Peter Moore joins EA Sports

This is a discussion on Peter Moore joins EA Sports within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2007, 06:14 PM   #9
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Peter Moore joins EA Sports

I thought this was a joke at first... not a good look for microsoft with this announcement.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:56 PM   #10
*n H**t*s..R*b**ld*ng..

SLAYER's Arena

OVR: 10

Hopefully, Peter Moore tells EA Chicago to give us a legitimately sim boxing game.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:11 PM   #11
MVP

chippered's Arena

OVR: 12

Maybe it was one of those quit or your fired things. Microsoft cant be happy with the cost of repairs so something had to happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2007, 11:53 PM   #12
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

I use to really like Peter Moore, even when he was with Sega...but now!!!

Wow!!! He's a pure sell out, this explains all the EA but kissing he did at the Microsoft Conference at E3. He had this planned, pushing their products in a media heist. He's a punk, and to think a man who use to work with Sega and then M$ would do something so low.

That explains, the crappy stuff he did, playing Rock Band and all that other mess, and he was really pushing the EA products, mentioning their games, over and over again, during the conference. And then giving M$ a mediocre show at E3, and 1 week later he quits....

How low can you go, I use to really respect this goofy guy.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:12 AM   #13
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippered
Maybe it was one of those quit or your fired things. Microsoft cant be happy with the cost of repairs so something had to happen.
My guess too. Dubious Quality probably nailed it - either he pushed the warranty extension through or he was the fall guy for the problems. Either way, I think he has his stuff together so maybe we'll see EA amp it up a notch.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:33 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
My guess too. Dubious Quality probably nailed it - either he pushed the warranty extension through or he was the fall guy for the problems. Either way, I think he has his stuff together so maybe we'll see EA amp it up a notch.
I can't see him being blamed for the dubious quality or being the fall guy. I'm starting to think he thought it long and hard and just plain quit. I'm really starting to believe he got tired of defending an unreliable product.

If there is one thing he can be blamed for is Japan. The system has still been under performing and he needs to take some hits for that. I fault him there but I think MS has some real problems because of all the system failures and that's reflective in the low sales this year. Word has gotten out these machines are flawed and maybe Peter doesn't want his name associated with what has been happening with the 360 project.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:28 AM   #15

OVR: 34

The Xbox 360 is enjoying huge success, and Moore is to blame. I have been following him for a long time, and the guy is smart with his philosophies and ideas.

It's not like he just up and quit and said, "well, I'll just go over to EA." EA wanted him. They looked at how he was a major role in the success of the 360 and grabbed him for EA Sports.

I can't wait to see what happens with EA Sports. Look at Moore's track record. He's going to push innovation, and most likely, he's going to push more online functionality with their games.

What's interesting to me is that he's going with a comapny that snubbed his Dreamcast and has historicly been Playstation heavy. Moore is coming from a history of competing with Sony. It's somewhat ironic.

The one sad thing is Moore will continue to try and get exclusives, just like he did with the 360. 2K Sports is in for a huge challenge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2007, 11:08 AM   #16
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I just heard from a source (I don't know how reliable) that EA is considering an exclusive deal with MS to only program for the 360. I really hope that's not true since I just bought a PS3. I don't know if the NFL would like having an exclusive license lock out NFL games on the PS3. Supposedly an announcement could come as early as this Thanksgiving if true. After having their games created on the PS3, the development costs should be a lot cheaper. This doesn't make a lot of sense unless MS shells out a ton of cash. Hopefully its just a crazy rumour.
I would almost guarantee with 99.9% certainty that is a rumor and false.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »