Home

DS Lite Game + Accessory Recommendations

This is a discussion on DS Lite Game + Accessory Recommendations within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2007, 04:47 PM   #1
Pro

Dealin Rams's Arena

OVR: 7
DS Lite Game + Accessory Recommendations

So I picked up a white DS Lite along with Mario Kart DS, New Super Mario Bros., and Brain Age for a monthlong trip I'll be taking soon.

I'd still like to nab one or two more games (I'm wondering if anyone has played SimCity DS Elite Beat Agents specifically), and I'm also curious as to what cases and other accessories DS owners on here are using.

Any game and/or accessory recommendations?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2007, 06:52 PM   #2
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: DS Lite Game + Accessory Recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanchild
So I picked up a white DS Lite along with Mario Kart DS, New Super Mario Bros., and Brain Age for a monthlong trip I'll be taking soon.

I'd still like to nab one or two more games (I'm wondering if anyone has played SimCity DS Elite Beat Agents specifically), and I'm also curious as to what cases and other accessories DS owners on here are using.

Any game and/or accessory recommendations?
Man...this thread pops up a lot (a search on the Non-Sports Gaming Forum should net results).

That being said, I have a cheap *** case I use only because my three year old saw it and my wife bought it for me for Christmas (from my son...so cute). I've never tried screen protectors, but my system after a year is still clear of scratches (just be gentle).

As for games, 'Sim City' is best on PC or SNES, IMO!

I haven't tried 'Elite Beat Agents' though I've heard it's fun, though the music is tinny on the DS. Some recommendations in my opinion are 'Advance Wars DS', 'Super Princess Peach' (don't knock it...it's a lot of fun), and 'Pokemon'. The latter because if it hooks you, you'll DEFINATELY get your money's worth!

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Old 07-21-2007, 12:14 PM   #3
Pro

Dealin Rams's Arena

I just can't (or won't, rather) get into the whole Pokemon thing. I'd love a copy of Advance Wars, but stores no longer seem to carry it. Plus I hear Advance Wars 2 is coming out sometime in the next few months, so I'll just hold off.

I want to get one more game for my trip, so I guess it's going to come down to one of the following:

-SimCity DS
-Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
-Metroid Prime: Hunters
-Elite Beat Agents
-Hotel Dusk: Room 215

My priorities are first overall quality, but second longevity/replayability. Multiplayer isn't really a factor, since I don't really use it. Does anyone have an opinion on which of these five games I should get, or are there any games I've missed that I should consider?
Old 07-21-2007, 01:06 PM   #4
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanchild
I just can't (or won't, rather) get into the whole Pokemon thing. I'd love a copy of Advance Wars, but stores no longer seem to carry it. Plus I hear Advance Wars 2 is coming out sometime in the next few months, so I'll just hold off.

I want to get one more game for my trip, so I guess it's going to come down to one of the following:

-SimCity DS
-Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
-Metroid Prime: Hunters
-Elite Beat Agents
-Hotel Dusk: Room 215

My priorities are first overall quality, but second longevity/replayability. Multiplayer isn't really a factor, since I don't really use it. Does anyone have an opinion on which of these five games I should get, or are there any games I've missed that I should consider?
if you are into old school rpg's, i would recommend taking a look at puzzle quest and etrian odyssey. Both have gone under the radar in terms of popularity, but they are amazing games, and you'll be speding quite a long time playing both.

Clubhouse games is easy pick up and play, but tons of replayability.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:55 PM   #5
Pro

Dealin Rams's Arena

So I definitely don't regret picking up the DS. It's a really cool little device, and definitely perfect for traveling. Plus the three games I picked up already (Mario Kart, Brain Age, and NSMB) are great.

But at the same time, I can't help but be a bit disappointed with the library, especially given that I'm coming to the system a few years into its existence. I realize that if I had any interest in Pokemon or Nintendogs or RPGs then my sentiment might be different. But even so, based on what I've seen in NSMB and Mario Kart, it seems like the DS Lite is capable of at least anything the Super Nintendo was capable of - and Nintendo has a huge number of IPs from which it could draw. Where's the Punch Out, Street Fighter, Top Gear, NBA Jam, F-Zero, Pilotwings, and Contra? Where's the re-issues of all the Marios, Mega Mans, Star Fox, and Metroids?

I realize that perhaps there are legal issues with some of these properties, or perhaps Nintendo's holding out on them for the Wii. But either way, I'm a little bit underwhelmed with the DS library now that I've checked out what's available. Anyone else feel that way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 06:07 PM   #6
ddeweil

OVR:

I felt the same way at one point. I'm really anticipating some wifi Mario Tennis, F-Zero, etc. However, with that said, be sure to pick up Clubhouse Games by Nintendo. Like PK said on here one time, it's crack on a cartridge.

I have SimCity DS as well, and it's pretty cool. Elite Beat Agents is incredible as well.

Out of those three, I would definitely recommend Elite Beat Agents and Clubhouse Games as MUST BUYS for you trip. They will last you ages.

EDIT: Oh, you mentioned Contra. You know, Contra 4 is coming out for DS later this year.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:50 AM   #7
Pro

Dealin Rams's Arena

I ended up going a little crazy and picking up used copies of Simcity DS, Meteos, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Clubhouse Games, and Elite Beat Agents. So I should be set for a while. Looking forward to Contra 4 and the new Zelda game, but I hope there are will be some other pleasant surprises for the DS in the next few months, because after that I fear my concerns about the DS library may return.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:08 AM   #8
Pro

Dealin Rams's Arena

So that was fast...I introduced my girlfriend to NSMB, and now I have to go out and get her a DS for our trip too. What was that, like 10 days? Wow, Nintendo sure knows what they are doing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »