Home

And after two weeks...it was gone

This is a discussion on And after two weeks...it was gone within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 09:50 AM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Unhappy And after two weeks...it was gone

Thats right, after two weeks my 360 is gone. Gone by the way of three red flashing lights or as its better known the "Red Ring of Death". I am really in a state of shock and frustration. I am at a loss for words right now and I am so dissappointed that I don't know that I will ever pick up a 360 controller again. Yes, I know that the 360 is a good system when working and that I sang its praises after getting one, but after only having the system for two weeks and already experience the RROD, I really don't know what to do.

I think that I'll take a few days before making any hasty decisions but as of right now, I don't want anything to do with the 360.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 09:54 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: And after two weeks...it was gone

well, that sucks. it's the best system right now, when it works. 2 weeks? can't you return it?

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 07-26-2007, 10:32 AM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

i can return it

Old 07-26-2007, 10:44 AM   #4
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
i can return it
I'd return it and wait for the new systems with the cooler chips to arrive. It's too much of a worry and hassle to own a 360 right now IMO.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:59 AM   #5
Banned

Herd90XB's Arena

OVR: 6

Microsoft needs to do right by the customer and recall all their consoles and replace them with ones that will actually not break down in a few days, weeks or months.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 11:02 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
well, that sucks. it's the best system right now, when it works. 2 weeks? can't you return it?
I understand that quote but it's still kind of funny to me.

Countryboy that sucks. I was really, REALLY close to making the switch but I'm kind of glad I didn't.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:07 AM   #7
An Old Trafford

Leon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30
I'd return it and wait for the new systems with the cooler chips to arrive. It's too much of a worry and hassle to own a 360 right now IMO.
It's good that he can return it. The thing is though, a consumer shouldn't have to wait for a better version of the same hardware just because the way its built is, quite frankly, crap. Also, who's to say that the 65nm chip would immediately solve the 3RL problem and the overheating problem? People should not have to worry that their systems will crap out on them at any given moment. Heck, I'm surprised after almost 2 years the 360 has been out that people aren't complaining more and Microsoft still somehow gets a free pass for not solving this problem sooner. (Not bashing anyone, btw)

I like my 360, it has some great games coming out soon, but if mine fails again (already did once after three months from purchase), I probably wouldn't even bother with it anymore. It sucks too 'cause LIVE is great and there are killer games that are only coming out for the 360 but there's only so much replacements you can take before you say enough.

Countryboy, take your time man. The great games (aside from the other sports games) aren't coming out 'till the Fall anyway so you can either wait for the "newer" 360 or just get a new one when you feel like it again. It certainly is a good console to have after all.

@nicroni
Old 07-26-2007, 11:19 AM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

i'm glad that kept my early copy of NCAA for PS3 and last night I got NASCAR for it. I'm just extremely pissed right now.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »