Home

Xbox 360 HD DVD Player Price Drop - $179

This is a discussion on Xbox 360 HD DVD Player Price Drop - $179 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2007, 03:48 PM   #17
All Star

RockyTop1's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Xbox 360 HD DVD Player Price Drop - $179

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14
Blu-ray will win and HD-DVD is just slowly bleeding to death. The market has proven it cannot support two formats in the long run and HD-DVD has very little going for itself compared to everything that is in Blu-ray's corner. I would not invest in an HD-DVD player.
Couldn't disagree more. The Heroes HD DVD will be huge along with the upcoming Star Trek set. And HD DVD's sold tons better in Q1-Q2 than Blu-rays as somebody posted earlier. What exactly is in Blu-ray's corner other than the Spiderman movies?
Old 07-27-2007, 04:00 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Blu-ray will win and HD-DVD is just slowly bleeding to death. The market has proven it cannot support two formats in the long run and HD-DVD has very little going for itself compared to everything that is in Blu-ray's corner. I would not invest in an HD-DVD player.
I don't buy many movies; I rent them. I want the format I choose to last and continue to be supported. I don't want to buy a format to buy a few of my favorite movies on only.

That's like saying people that bought Beta-max players were fine because they could just watch their Beta-Max movies as often as they wanted.

Last edited by born_bad; 07-27-2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:36 PM   #19
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
actually, that's utterly wrong. They are basically fighting for early adaptor approval. Countless DVD users don't even care either way at the moment. Many people won't even care until they actually get around to buying and HDTV. This format war could go on for a few more years easily. Whichever one can latch onto the rest of the world will last, regardless of specs or early sales numbers.

Blu ray fans can flaunt all ther numbers they want. Both formats are just fighting over which one sells the least poorly when compared to DVD. Both formats are forced to give away tons of free movies in the hopes of enticing media player sales. The ps3 is a nice plus in bluray's corner, except those aren't exactly flying off shelves at the moment either. It's foolish to call an end to this format war when a lot of consumers haven't even voiced in with their wallets yet.

Last edited by bkfount; 07-27-2007 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:23 AM   #20
Pro

Lordcledus's Arena

OVR: 10

It doesn't really matter who wins. There will be players that support both Blu Ray and HD DVD, that are much cheaper than what they are now.

XBL: Lordcledus

Old 07-28-2007, 09:10 AM   #21
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

Call me wrong, but the end is near. Numbers don't lie and company support doesn't either. HD-DVD is bleeding to death. I will quote my original reply when Blu-Ray wins. But I am not going to get into argument and drop "utterly wrongs" when the final answer will speak for itself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2007, 09:13 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Call me wrong, but the end is near. Numbers don't lie and company support doesn't either. HD-DVD is bleeding to death. I will quote my original reply when Blu-Ray wins. But I am not going to get into argument and drop "utterly wrongs" when the final answer will speak for itself.
recent numbers show hd-dvd making big strides while blue ray is on the down slide. so yeah, numbers don't lie. I think it's just wishful thinking since you have a ps3.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:19 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holic
Very tempting price.
saving 20 bucks is tempting? 149.99 or less would be tempting for me.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 07-28-2007, 11:43 AM   #24
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
saving 20 bucks is tempting? 149.99 or less would be tempting for me.
Well, it's $20 off and 5 free movies.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »