Home

Thinking of getting a PS3

This is a discussion on Thinking of getting a PS3 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2007, 10:41 PM   #57
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Thinking of getting a PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave360
It was 450 with a 60 buck warranty. No way I was going without a warranty This is all new to me and the interface is going to take a bit of getting used to. I did get NFL2k5 rosters copied over as well as some for the Show.
Congrats........I hope you enjoy it.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:42 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobee
Got mine Sunday at target. There replacement warranty for 3 years was only 29.00. Got motorstorm, HDMI cables and a BR remote.

Watched 300 tonight made the the ps3 worth it.

I like the fact that I can play a game or watch a movie and then check my e-mail before I go to sleep without getting up.
how much did you get the HDMI cables for? if i remember correctly, i saw them for 40 bucks at target a couple weeks back, and that's a big rip off cuz you could get them for 20 bucks if you order them online
Old 08-01-2007, 12:03 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkey
how much did you get the HDMI cables for? if i remember correctly, i saw them for 40 bucks at target a couple weeks back, and that's a big rip off cuz you could get them for 20 bucks if you order them online
Try http://ehdmi.com/ they sell cables for around $6-10 bucks.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:47 AM   #60
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave360
Well I did it. I bought a 60 gigger and a copy of MLB the Show. My Playstation name is OSdave360. dave360 was taken Please send me friend requests or however it's done on the playstation network.
Good Purchase on the PS3 and The Show!

I think us PS3 owners will be happy with the fall lineup.
As long as the PS3 doeesn't remain the sloppy seconds port machine (like the XBox 1, I'll always be happy with my purchase).

I don't think that their online service will ever be like XBox Live ever. Why? Sony seems too try and not copy much of anything that's MS or Nintendo has done right. They do their own thing win or lose.

Online play isn't a huge deal to me.
It would be nicer to have more Demos up on PS Store, but that's not Sony's fault that's the developers fault.

The Show... *smiles* Such a nice sports game.

The problem I have with the PS3 is the controller. I wish it was a little bit bigger for us Americans.... and I realy wish they TOTALLY copied the triggers from the XBox Controllers, not this half and half thing they did.

I'll add you to my friends list.
I've got DXZeke all too mine on Live and PSnetwork.
OSDave360 though.... that's easy to remember.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:36 AM   #61
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Congrats and welcome to the dark side Dave!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2007, 01:41 AM   #62
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergie56
I am thinking about getting a PS3 as well, solely for the Show. I would be getting rid of my Wii and would be trying to get a 20 GB model. What's the best route for this? I figure eBay?
Saw this on the PS forums, not a bad deal if you ask me.

Quote:
Ok, well I am buying a ps3 pretty soon and I was just looking for the best deal. I recently came across a way to buy a ps3 for only $415 tax included at any Best Buy! I want to share this secret with you in order for people on this forum looking for a ps3 to get a really good deal.

Here are the steps you must take in order to get this great deal:
Step 1- Resgister for a Best Buy Rewards Zone Card at MyRewardZone.com. It's free and simple to do.
Step 2- Make sure you remember your Reward Zone # so you can get points with it.
Step 3- Purchase a 60gb ps3 from BestBuy.com and enter your Reward Zone # in the designated area to get a total of 500 points.

Here's how you get all of your savings:
When you register with a Reward Zone Card, you get a free $10 certificate. There is a deal called The Summer of Entertainment where for all Reward Zone card holders, they get a $10 gift certificate for every $100 they spend. A $500 item= $50 in certificates. With the Reward Zone Card, you get $5 free for every 250 points you get (1$= 1 point) and $10 for every 500 points you get. That means another free $10 certificate! Also when you buy a brand new ps3, you get 5 free blu ray movies. Most of the movies you can choose from are pretty bad so you might want to think about selling them on ebay for about $60.

Free $10 certificate + Reward Zone 500 point certificate ($10) + $50 certificate + $60 for the blu rays on ebay= a total saving of $130!

That makes the ps3 only $370. After the original tax of $35 (.07x$500) that comes to a total of you only spending $405 for the ps3. Pretty good deal huh?!

Note: I am not advertising for Best Buy, I am simply trying to get non-ps3 owners a much more affordable way to get a ps3.

*~Thanks, Shoduke~*
Old 08-01-2007, 09:20 AM   #63
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

PS3 technical question.......

I'm going to purchase a micro sd card for my cell phone. Will this also work with my PS3 in the "sd" slot on the playstation ???

Obviously i will have to use the adapter. But the micro sd (plus the adapter) will fit into the ps3 allowing me to transfer pics/videos and songs stored on my ps3 to my cell phone ??
Old 08-01-2007, 09:27 AM   #64
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

I have both an Xbox 360 and PS3. My PS3 was collecting dust until MLB 08 The Show came out. This is my favorite baseball game since High Heat Baseball (the one with Curt Schilling on the cover). But, that had laughable graphics. I am so addicted to MLB 08 The Show that I went through withdrawal during my recent move when my HDTVs were gone. Anyway, the problem with the PS3 in my opinion for sports game right now is that the frame rates are better on the Xbox 360 on a lot of the games like NCAA Football, MLB2k7 (very choppy, no facial shadowings), and the lack of the rumble right now. The sixaxis just hasn't worked well with the sports games except for freethrow shooting which I liked. I think the framerate issue is all programming or because they make the sports game for the Xbox 360 first at this time, and port it over with some changes. They need to design it specifically for the PS3. And, Sony has not been good enough at helping out 3rd party companies like EA in programming their powerful, but complicated system (from what I have read).
At the moment, I think that the 360 is the way to go if you only can have one system for sports games, unless you want the show. In my opinion the Show is good enough to own a PS3 just for it (if you have the money). Oh, the included wi-fi in the PS3 is a plus to go online without having to shell out for the wireless USB, but Xbox live is superior at this time (but not free! like on the PS3). The next cycle will probably show the superiority of the PS3 hardware if Sony steps up to the plate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »