Home

Thinking of getting a PS3

This is a discussion on Thinking of getting a PS3 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2007, 07:15 PM   #65
T*rg*t F**ld

bergie56's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Thinking of getting a PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
Saw this on the PS forums, not a bad deal if you ask me.
Thanks for posting this. You can't use these coupons right away on the PS3 can you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2007, 07:53 PM   #66
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergie56
Thanks for posting this. You can't use these coupons right away on the PS3 can you?
Unfortunately I don't think so, but it will be a nice source for games and/or accessories.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:58 PM   #67
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Well I believe I'm gonna make the jump to the PS3 later this month after much deliberation...
Old 08-01-2007, 08:57 PM   #68
T*rg*t F**ld

bergie56's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
Unfortunately I don't think so, but it will be a nice source for games and/or accessories.
Oh for sure. Thanks again for posting that. Now I just need to sell my Wii first!
Old 08-01-2007, 09:20 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm back!!!!! Went and traded my 360 at Gamecrazy for store credit. Going to pick up a PS3 tommorow. I truly believe that the 360 is a far more superior system as far as gameplay but quality and the durability played a huge part in my decision to do this. I have had 3 360's this year go bad on me, plus I did not have a warranty on this unit. Just did not want to take the chance, I do not have a lot of patience if I broke down and I would have to wait for Micro$%#% so I just decided to go this route. Also my son has a 360 so I am not totally without one.

Look forward to playing NCAA 08 which I did pick up for the PS3. Will be getting Madden early for PS3 & 360 hopefully next Thursday according to my resources. Just wanted to brag a little bit. Peace!!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 09:58 PM   #70
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12

I've actualy been toying with the idea of getting a ps3 myself lately since my 360 died. I play all kinds of games but, mostly sports and action/adventure games. I just found out today that Splinter Cell DA and GRAW 2 are coming to the ps3 now. These were titles that I thought would only be on the 360 and they factored into my thinking at first. That really only leaves Lost Planet and Gears Of War as the only games that I own that are only on the 360 and while I love them I could definately do without it if I had to in exchange for games like God Of War and Metal Gear. I just may take the plunge when I get my 360 back (maybe sell it on ebay).

Also I should state I'm not a Halo player at all so that won't factor into my decision. What are some of the other PS3 exclusives coming in the future months?
NY Yankees
4 Life.....

Last edited by DiceMan; 08-02-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:04 AM   #71
Pro

OVR: 5

I was combing through videos on youtube and came upon a video by a poster named lefty2k in the video he said there is no way psn could police they users because people can make accounts after they are banned,isn't you playstation 3 somehow linked to the psn network so if your banned its pernament if thats not true i serious don't know which console to get the 360's hardware is unreliable and the playstation network is flawed what the heck is up with next gen gaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2007, 05:00 AM   #72
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergie56
You can't collect them until 30 days after the transaction when the points get posted on your account.

None the less though... that's a lot of money in Certs to get some other stuff when it's times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »