Home

Future 360 Games Will Require the HDD?

This is a discussion on Future 360 Games Will Require the HDD? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #33
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Future 360 Games Will Require the HDD?

I still don't get why they are trying to step around this. A vast majority of people who own the system have hard drives and the one's who don't really shouldn't be playing any game that would run best with a hard drive.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-06-2007, 03:18 PM   #34
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I still don't get why they are trying to step around this. A vast majority of people who own the system have hard drives and the one's who don't really shouldn't be playing any game that would run best with a hard drive.
I bet their afraid of any lashback since they already have one big issue on their hands......................the 3ROD.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:23 PM   #35
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymanGT
I bet their afraid of any lashback since they already have one big issue on their hands......................the 3ROD.
Yeah I know but it's still stupid. They want to get "everyone" to play their games but there's already the Wii for that minigame crap. The people that they're trying to rope in with the Core wouldn't be playing GTA and other games like that anyway so I don't get why they wouldn't let developers make certain games require hard drives. It sounds like they're going to soon but it really should've been that way from the beginning.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2007, 05:16 PM   #36
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Yeah I know but it's still stupid. They want to get "everyone" to play their games but there's already the Wii for that minigame crap. The people that they're trying to rope in with the Core wouldn't be playing GTA and other games like that anyway so I don't get why they wouldn't let developers make certain games require hard drives. It sounds like they're going to soon but it really should've been that way from the beginning.
The way they make it see, they were trying to have this little trump card just in case the PS3 didn't have the hard drive and it could be reduced. Honestly, it was the dumbest move that the front office could have made. I'm pretty sure they're still kicking themselves. I'd be happy when games are made with the hard drive in mind instead of just the core. I remember when they announced that there would be a system without the harddrive. They spent all that time trying to convince us that their DDR3 would do exactly what the hard drive would do. They tried to calm down the masses only to eventually eat crow months later. Stuck between two systems. The PS3 that isn't be utilized fully because of their ports and lack of games. The XBOX 360 not being utilized fully because of the nickel & diming of every breath of air, the lowest common denominator, the inevitable 3ROD. What a way to start a "next generation" of console gaming.......
Old 08-06-2007, 05:30 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I think its like the PS2 hard drive for 2k sports. The people that had the hard drive I believe could watch half time hi-lights. If you just had a memory card, you saw a still shot. You could play the game either way, but I bet you will need a hard drive to access all of the features.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:57 PM   #38
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

If MS was smart they'd shoot some more cash to TT/Rockstar to finish up GTAIV on time, and bundle it with a 120 gig HD for the holiday. From what I've been reading, required HDD usage was the only technical aspect RS North were having issues with on the 360 version. MS scrambled an elite unit of coders to help Rockstar get it out for the October release...this would be MEGATON huge for MS if they can get it underway as a default timed-exclusive this X-Mas...
Old 08-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 13

I know several people that have core, but they bought a hard drive because it would be ridiculus not ot have one. I don't see what the big deal is? a huge majority of the people have hard drives.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:36 PM   #40
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Yuhas
I know several people that have core, but they bought a hard drive because it would be ridiculus not ot have one. I don't see what the big deal is? a huge majority of the people have hard drives.
that's actually part of the reason MS made the core I'd imagine. They get to play both sides. They get to market the lower price and attract more people, but many of these core sales are probably soon followed with HDD or headset purchases.

The issue of alienating core owners with HDD required games probably isn't as big as some places want it to sound. Some stores don't even carry many cores anymore, due to them selling poorly. Suddenly requiring HDD's for some games won't lead to developer confusion either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »