Home

Xbox 360 Update - 8/7/07

This is a discussion on Xbox 360 Update - 8/7/07 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2007, 11:01 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Xbox 360 Update - 8/7/07

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymanGT
Rod, which intercooler do you own? Do you have a link?

Reading that the GPU gets to 212 degrees is just scary if you ask me. I haven't checked PC temps in a long time, but I don't think they get that high or do they?
They can if the ambient temp is already high. Remember Candy the design flaw is that there isn't anything directly cooling the CPU and GPU heatsinks like a heatsink fan. MS chose not to install fans to cool down the heatsinks and they chose not to use air intake ventilation. So the only way to cool down the 360 is to blow out as much heat out the back as fast as you can.

It's a design that's a recipe for disaster as we've already seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehughes14
Maybe that's why I've been lucky Rodster. I very rarely unplug the power cord from the back and I haven't removed the cooler itself from the back of my 360 since the day I bought it which is definitely over a year ago.
I noticed I my internal clock to the 360 would reset even if plugged into the wall. The problem started when I read reports of burnt plugs so I removed it a few times to inspect it. That's why I developed problems and you haven't.

The new Intercooler's fixed that problem.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:06 PM   #34
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster
They can if the ambient temp is already high. Remember Candy the design flaw is that there isn't anything directly cooling the CPU and GPU heatsinks like a heatsink fan. MS chose not to install fans to cool down the heatsinks and they chose not to use air intake ventilation. So the only way to cool down the 360 is to blow out as much heat out the back as fast as you can.

It's a design that's a recipe for disaster as we've already seen.

The new Intercooler's fixed that problem.
Rod, I think that is one thing that kept my first console alive for so long was that intercooler as it would suck all the heat out. But once I started seeing pictures on the net of people's systems and intercoolers being burnt, I took it off. Yes, the intercooler allows for air intake and then sucks it right out.

Is the new intercooler really loud like the old one? How much is the new one going for?
Old 08-07-2007, 11:15 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Rod, I think that is one thing that kept my first console alive for so long was that intercooler as it would suck all the heat out. But once I started seeing pictures on the net of people's systems and intercoolers being burnt, I took it off. Yes, the intercooler allows for air intake and then sucks it right out.

Is the new intercooler really loud like the old one? How much is the new one going for?

It sounds as loud as the original and it's still $20. Don't use your old one as it's messed up from taking it off so many times.

p.s. It doesn't create air intake as the front of the 360 is sealed. It does pull some air from the sides but more importantly it blows out massive amounts of hot air within the the unit out the back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2007, 11:15 PM   #36
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:

I may be intrested to.... I had my intercooler on my first 360 and never had one issue...I would to get one of the black ones they make for the elite.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-07-2007, 11:17 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I may be intrested to.... I had my intercooler on my first 360 and never had one issue...I would to get one of the black ones they make for the elite.
I heard Nyko is making one for the Elite and it maybe out already. Check Nyko's website. http://www.nyko.com
Old 08-07-2007, 11:25 PM   #38
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
I heard Nyko is making one for the Elite and it maybe out already. Check Nyko's website. http://www.nyko.com
I see the blacks ones on ebay for awhile now. Look at ebay.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-07-2007, 11:28 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
I see the blacks ones on ebay for awhile now. Look at ebay.
Yeah they look pretty cool. You might want to check EB or Gamestop i'm sure they have them.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:47 PM   #40
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
I never had any issues with mine either, but the burnt intercoolers scared me.

Quote:
I checked their site and there are no black ones in my area.

The image below always amazes me with the heat #'s.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »