Home

Breakdown of XBOX 360 Design Flaw By Japan

This is a discussion on Breakdown of XBOX 360 Design Flaw By Japan within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2007, 02:16 PM   #33
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Breakdown of XBOX 360 Design Flaw By Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
And I never pointed you out or said you were a kid, we are all here in our 30's or some of you are in your 20's. Your age, doesn't mean anything........
the whole, "mine isn't broken, so you guys need to treat them better" attitude is annoying. You aren't the first person to offer divine wisdom as to how stupid people who get broken 360's need to be "more cautious" with them. It makes it sound like you are talking down to people. That's all.

I don't care if they get me a new 360 the same day, I don't want to get a flawed 360 to replace a flawed 360 that died. If this were a car or something other than a videogame console that had this kind of failure rate, they would have either been sued a long time ago, or have been forced to issue a recall. The fact that it's been two years and some independent site just now took a serious look at the heating issues is laughable.

MS rushed a console out and banked that a year head start and marketing could push them to the top.

Last edited by bkfount; 08-08-2007 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:18 PM   #34
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
"quicker repair service"...

That's false.

They used to have it back to you in 2 weeks. Now they estimate 4-6.
I have a friend that can co-sign to that. His first box took two, his second he didn't see for two months.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:22 PM   #35
I'm in here...

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
the whole, "mine isn't broken, so you guys need to treat them better" attitude is annoying. You aren't the first person to offer divine wisdom as to how stupid people who get broken 360's need to be "more cautious" with them. It makes it sound like you are talking down to people. That's all.
Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2007, 02:26 PM   #36
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

Dang, this thread blew up quick. Listening to this over and over, I'm just hoping that my system hurries up and overheats so I can get a new one and not have to worry. It's taking too freaking long. I thought I had the RROD one time, but my hookups were a little out of place. This was before the 3-year warranty. Even more torturous knowing that it should overheat but it hasn't given me any problems lately. I'm upset that the system was rushed out. Sony made a pretty solid system and I'm jealous of that. Definitely on my radar as a system I might pick up later on. Is there a way to trade in my 360 and upgrade to an elite with the 65nm? Don't want to give Gamespot or EBgames my business when it comes to trade ins.

I'm blessed with my system because the basement always stays cold. Even in the summer time. Between my two brothers and myself, we have this system on for 12+ hours a day. They play the hell out of NBA 2K7, APF 2K8, and whatever else they can get down with. Ironically, there has not been one problem. 4-6 week turn around is torture. Do you guys know if they'd start upgrading the returned 360s to the better designed one? That's probably when I'll be really playing hardcore on my system. Man, mad crazy to be expecting my system to flop like this.......
Old 08-08-2007, 02:29 PM   #37
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
Between my two brothers and myself, we have this system on for 12+ hours a day.

Do you guys know if they'd start upgrading the returned 360s to the better designed one? That's probably when I'll be really playing hardcore on my system.
I'd have to say you already are playing hardcore.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:33 PM   #38
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

I don't care if they get me a new 360 the same day, I don't want to get a flawed 360 to replace a flawed 360 that died. If this were a car or something other than a videogame console that had this kind of failure rate, they would have either been sued a long time ago, or have been forced to issue a recall. The fact that it's been two years and some independent site just now took a serious look at the heating issues is laughable.

MS rushed a console out and banked that a year head start and marketing could push them to the top.

If you needed to vent, go right ahead my brotha....since you took my comments the wrong way...

I was saying until the solution to fixing these systems is permanent...to just be careful with them, thats all I was saying...

Stop being so uptight and angry about the subject...

(Truplaya) to settle your argument, in the beginning it did take a looooooong time to get these baby..back from repair...now it takes less time. is all I'm saying.....

I did send one back for repair, but not for flashing redlights...

Luvmist, was talking about how hot the systems get.....

And the angry at M$ squad, came out of no where. M$ knows they messed up, and we all spent a helluva lot of money on these consoles to be having issues...I feel you on that....good thing, your money didn't go invane. Because as soon as it breaks....it will get fixed for free, is all I'm saying...

In the meantime, enjoy the upcoming line up of great games coming next week and so on....
Old 08-08-2007, 02:42 PM   #39
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
If you needed to vent, go right ahead my brotha....since you took my comments the wrong way...

I was saying until the solution to fixing these systems is permanent...to just be careful with them, thats all I was saying...

Stop being so uptight and angry about the subject...
I'm not uptight about it. Your "advice" sounded like you assume people with dead 360's play with it in the tub or drag it behind a car. How can you honestly be more careful than having it sit on an entertainment shelf? It hasn't moved since I got it. I don't smoke, don't have any animals, and have my house at a reasonable room temperature. It's got plenty of room to vent.

How do you exactly propose I be "more careful" with it? It kills itself doing what it was meant to do, playing games. I guess I could stop doing that, as it's the only reason these things die.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:56 PM   #40
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
I'm not uptight about it. Your "advice" sounded like you assume people with dead 360's play with it in the tub or drag it behind a car. How can you honestly be more careful than having it sit on an entertainment shelf? It hasn't moved since I got it. I don't smoke, don't have any animals, and have my house at a reasonable room temperature. It's got plenty of room to vent.

How do you exactly propose I be "more careful" with it? It kills itself doing what it was meant to do, playing games. I guess I could stop doing that, as it's the only reason these things die.

I have my system, in my theater room, sitting on a shelf....but that rooms gets hot as h... sometime. And I have to place a fan near my t.v. to keep the room cold, it has two vents, the rest of the house feels like the north pole...and that room feels like a desert sometimes, because of all the heat from the cable boxes and the t.v....so it really doesn't take much. Especially when playing that puppy for extended times...

I played March madness 07 the other day, trying to get achievements. And when I ejected the disc, that mofo..what hotter than a mutherluver...

So like I said, mine could easily over heat...but I'd rather put a fan in the room, than to pay for a intercooler, which will probably make it explode.....lol..

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »