Home

Anyone try the WalMart swap lately?

This is a discussion on Anyone try the WalMart swap lately? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2007, 09:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Anyone try the WalMart swap lately?

After 8 months, mine just died...2 days before Madden hits!!!! Anyway, I'm trying to figure out some way to get another asap. I would've gotten a warranty but I got it as a gift from my girlfriend and she didn't know any better. Called Target today because thats where she got it, they said I could bring it in and try to exchange it but they weren't sure if I could or not...whatever that means.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2007, 09:21 PM   #2
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Anyone try the WalMart swap lately?

It's easy to take it back to Walmart and get a new one just tell them you bought it there and need to exchange it for a working one and if they give you any hassle just ask to use the phone to call 1-800-Walmart and I bet you that the manager will be more than happy to exchange it for you.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSanders
It's easy to take it back to Walmart and get a new one just tell them you bought it there and need to exchange it for a working one and if they give you any hassle just ask to use the phone to call 1-800-Walmart and I bet you that the manager will be more than happy to exchange it for you.
Are you serious, its that easy? I know Wal Mart takes back just about anything but I wasn't sure about this. So did you actually do this?
Old 08-12-2007, 09:33 PM   #4
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

I think they've changed their policy on videogame returns. Even if unopened a receipt is required, at least that was what I was told the last two times I tried to Wal-swap. Don't know about systems though...

Last edited by HMcCoy; 08-12-2007 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:06 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
I think they've changed their policy on videogame returns. Even if unopened a recepeipt is required, at least that was what I was told the last two times I tried to Wal-swap. Don't know about systems though...
I think with systems it's different especially with the 360. They don't scan the 360 serial number. You can buy one and return it at a later date with the receipt and just say it quit working and you want your moneyback.

It's that simple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2007, 10:07 PM   #6
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11

I just returned my 32" lcd after 4 months of use and at first they didn't want to do it but when I called 1-800-Walmart and they called the manager of the store he became super nice and willing to take anything back. The main thing is tell them you bought it there a couple days/weeks ago and it broke and you need to exchange it for another and if they have a problem with that then talk to the manager and if he/she has a problem then let them know you'll be calling 1-800-Walmart and after the phone call return to the store later on to exchange it.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:31 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just to let you know i just bought one at Walmart and they scanned the serial number on mine.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:49 AM   #8
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribesyoungguns
After 8 months, mine just died...2 days before Madden hits!!!! Anyway, I'm trying to figure out some way to get another asap. I would've gotten a warranty but I got it as a gift from my girlfriend and she didn't know any better. Called Target today because thats where she got it, they said I could bring it in and try to exchange it but they weren't sure if I could or not...whatever that means.
Since its still under one year you can get it repaired free from Microsoft. That could take over a month though. While you're waiting you could just buy another one from somewhere and return it before the 15 or 30 days return policy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »