Home

Can I plug my 360 into a standard TV?

This is a discussion on Can I plug my 360 into a standard TV? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 03:45 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 29
Can I plug my 360 into a standard TV?

Just curious. I got the more expensive 360 package when I bought it, and now my HD TV is out of commission until I get another lamp for it.

I remember you had to flip a switch on the HD-AV cable to set it to HD instead of standard... Does this mean I can plug the proper colored plugs into a the 3 plugs on a standard TV, flip the switch to standard, and it will work? Or do I need another cable? I don't want to just try, incase I **** something up with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 04:08 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Can I plug my 360 into a standard TV?

Yes it will work. If your SDTV has a component input you can use the component cable if not there should be a yellow wire on your set of AV cables that's a regular AV connection.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:22 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 35

If you've got an S-video hookup on your TV, you may want to consider buying an S-video cable for your 360. I bought a Pelican brand one for $5 at Radio Shack and it significantly improved my SDTV picture from what I had with the basic component cables.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:41 AM   #4
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
If you've got an S-video hookup on your TV, you may want to consider buying an S-video cable for your 360. I bought a Pelican brand one for $5 at Radio Shack and it significantly improved my SDTV picture from what I had with the basic component cables.
agreed.. that's what I have both my 360 & ps3 plugged into.. sure it's not as crisp as a HD TV, but I have no qualms about the picture.. my 360 uses the S-cables as well
Old 08-14-2007, 10:16 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
Don't you mean composite i.e. yellow wire for video, red and white for sound? I'm pretty sure component(red, green and blue wires for video, the same wire used for HD) gives a better picture than s-video.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2007, 10:39 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Don't you mean composite i.e. yellow wire for video, red and white for sound? I'm pretty sure component(red, green and blue wires for video, the same wire used for HD) gives a better picture than s-video.
Yes, sorry. I meant composite.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »