Home

Xbox360 with a Wireless Bridge. Does this work?

This is a discussion on Xbox360 with a Wireless Bridge. Does this work? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2007, 03:53 PM   #1
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12
Icon5 Xbox360 with a Wireless Bridge. Does this work?

Can someone help me figure out how this works or if it works? Or do you have to get the Official ($100) Xbox360 wireless adapter?

I'm thinking really hard about making the jump back to the 360 and I'm figuring out the least painful way to make this happen. I can't seem to find any threads discussing this...

Still looking...

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 09:31 AM   #2
MVP

ausar72's Arena

Re: Xbox360 with a Wireless Bridge. Does this work?

Let me try this again.

So, everyone on here who has the 360 with a wireless connection is using the official Xbox USB Wireless adaptor?

Thanks
Old 08-15-2007, 09:45 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 35

Nope. I'm using a Netgear brand wireless bridge (I have a Netgear router as well). Got the bridge about 2 years ago when I bought my original Xbox. Never really had any issues with the Xbox and haven't had any issues so far with my 360 (only had it about 2 weeks). My bridge was a refurbished one that I got from Overstock for $25 or $30. The AC adapter went on me, but I bought a new one from Radio Shack for about $10. Definitely much cheaper than the $100 Microsoft adapter.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:02 AM   #4
MVP

ausar72's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
Nope. I'm using a Netgear brand wireless bridge (I have a Netgear router as well). Got the bridge about 2 years ago when I bought my original Xbox. Never really had any issues with the Xbox and haven't had any issues so far with my 360 (only had it about 2 weeks). My bridge was a refurbished one that I got from Overstock for $25 or $30. The AC adapter went on me, but I bought a new one from Radio Shack for about $10. Definitely much cheaper than the $100 Microsoft adapter.
Thanks for answering.

What's your connection speed (cable, DSL, FiOS?) and are you getting good performance online with your games? How's the set up process, is it easy?

I have a Linksys wireless router, so I would guess I would have to look for a Linksys wireless bridge.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:18 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 35

I've got Yahoo DSL. Decent performance, though I have had trouble linking to some online games (COD3 and NBA 2k on Xbox, no problems on 360 yet). I've read that this could be caused by having a router rather than the Xbox being plugged directly into the modem, so it may not be the bridge's fault.

If I recall correctly, the setup was fairly easily, mostly just plug-and-play. You may have to alter your router settings (Xbox.com has info on how to do that).

I'm no tech expert, but your bridge and router probably don't have to be the same brand, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt if you could find a Linksys one.

Good luck
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »