Home

XBOX 360 Headset: Ear Force X3

This is a discussion on XBOX 360 Headset: Ear Force X3 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2008, 10:47 AM   #33
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: XBOX 360 Headset: Ear Force X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
Sorry MC, i didn't see your response for some reason. The X2's are fine for me at listening to game audio (especially late nights), but the microphone suffers from static. People always complain when I try to use the mic.

I've found no good wireless 5.1 headphones.

I have found these that I want to get soon.

Astro Gaming A40

I actually picked up the X1's a while ago. Like you, all of the wireless 'phones I found had bad reviews across the board (mic problems, signal problems, etc).

X1's are pretty cool. The have nice bass to them and I like how I can adjust both the game volume and chat volume. Although the HPA2's (Turtle Beach) that I use for PC gaming put them to shame in both sound and comfort. I can't complain though considering I only paid $30 for the X1's. I was also looking into the ones that ODogg has but those don't have a mute button on them

Are those Astro's the MLG standard or something? I see the MLG logo on the side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:42 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 14

Yup, they are MLG. Can't wait to drop $250 on these bad boys. Just have to take care of other things first.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #35
MVP

Ok. Finally got mine in black and can't wait to try them out tonight! Took one day to get here from China. These guys ship fast!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #36
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

Quote:
Ok. Finally got mine in black and can't wait to try them out tonight! Took one day to get here from China. These guys ship fast!

Damn..those look badass bw..looking forward to your impressions on them.

Quote:
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Old 07-24-2008, 02:25 PM   #37
MVP

Well...long story short I think they're a piece of crap with fecal support.

They sounded great for about 4 days then the mixamp developed problems. The amp is where all the decoding is done, so if that's toast then you just have a regular headphones.

The midrange fidelity was excellent for games. Very thin on the bass side of things. It also works well for movies I've watched off of the marketplace. The sound doesn't fatigue your ears since it tricks it into believing the sound is all around you instead of being directed into your ears.

The support team seems to be a team of 2 individuals in a suite somewhere in Cali that aren't really that nimble in terms of support. With a 15 day return policy I was able to get resolution on the 15th day when I asked for a refund. Sending them back cost me $20 while it cost me about $20 to receive them too. So I'm out $40.

When they work right they work as advertised but I don't think the quality and support level can justify its price tag.

Turtle Beach just recently released the X4s which are dolby surround and wireless. Those are on their way to me and I have better expectations and a better return policy.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:52 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Well...long story short I think they're a piece of crap with fecal support.

They sounded great for about 4 days then the mixamp developed problems. The amp is where all the decoding is done, so if that's toast then you just have a regular headphones.

The midrange fidelity was excellent for games. Very thin on the bass side of things. It also works well for movies I've watched off of the marketplace. The sound doesn't fatigue your ears since it tricks it into believing the sound is all around you instead of being directed into your ears.

The support team seems to be a team of 2 individuals in a suite somewhere in Cali that aren't really that nimble in terms of support. With a 15 day return policy I was able to get resolution on the 15th day when I asked for a refund. Sending them back cost me $20 while it cost me about $20 to receive them too. So I'm out $40.

When they work right they work as advertised but I don't think the quality and support level can justify its price tag.

Turtle Beach just recently released the X4s which are dolby surround and wireless. Those are on their way to me and I have better expectations and a better return policy.

i needed a temp set for xbox 360 while i wsa moving and bought the turtle beach Xforce x1 - what a piece of crap compared to the tritton AX360's. the mic wouldn't work and the sound from people i played was filled with static and echoes. garbage.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-24-2008, 06:53 PM   #39
MVP

lol same here really. I have the X2s or X3s, can't remember. The mic is trash. I tried to gnaw the thing off it was so bad. (not really)
Old 07-25-2008, 12:36 AM   #40
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
i needed a temp set for xbox 360 while i wsa moving and bought the turtle beach Xforce x1 - what a piece of crap compared to the tritton AX360's. the mic wouldn't work and the sound from people i played was filled with static and echoes. garbage.
Man the X1's are great. I've had mine for a while now with no problems at all.

Quote:
Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »