Home

PS3 or XBox360?

This is a discussion on PS3 or XBox360? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2007, 09:08 PM   #33
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: PS3 or XBox360?

360 for me.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:09 PM   #34
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
...?? could you elaborate please...?!?!?

PS... I always felt the 360 was coming out too soon... And as far as quality I've never has a prob with the Sony...
The fact that they're tied to profiles and the assumption that some system will be put in place to stop even roster trading before next year.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:17 PM   #35
Rookie

Omerta's Arena

OVR: 5

Thanks for all of your opinions, facts, advice and etc.

I bought a 360 Elite. The manufacture date on the system is 8/17/2007. Bought the replacement job from BestBuy.

Madden, NCAA and Tiger are unreal to me on my 55' Sony SXRD & Bose system. I just need to find a transfer kit from Datel for the 360 so I can have updated & correct rosters. I cannot find one any where in the Tampa Bay area. I'm also looking forward to Halo 3.

Anyhow ... worse case I switch up and get a PS3 next year. But like most people stated, sports games look better on the 360 right now.

What I do not understand is why PS3 games only run at 780i ... but most 360 games run at 1080i or 1080p (which my TV supports). Anyone have answers for this, as I am interested. Is it because most games are ports from the 360 to the PS3?

PS4

XBox1

Madden 18, FIFA 18, NBA 2k19, SW Battlefront II, Forza 7
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2007, 09:01 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
if it is used mostly for sports games I would go PS3. It has all the games the 360 does, plus MLB the Show which is the greatest BB game ever.
I think that is the one statement I would whole-heartedly disagree with. From all accounts it seems that EA and alot of the sports games will concentrate on 360 and never really make a game using the whole power of the PS3......

As for FPS and RPG games, I see it other way - those programmers will take games to another level with the PS3.....But sports will most likely always be subpar to the 360 except for a few Sony exclusive titles.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:28 AM   #37
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorax
I think that is the one statement I would whole-heartedly disagree with. From all accounts it seems that EA and alot of the sports games will concentrate on 360 and never really make a game using the whole power of the PS3......
How can you disagree with the fact the Show is a PS3 exclusive? For anyone that plays video baseball games, the PS3 has a big advantage. If you don't care about baseball then its a non factor. I don't expect to see the same sports game on either system be much different two or three years from now. However the Show was a big reason I chose the PS3 over the 360.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:22 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
How can you disagree with the fact the Show is a PS3 exclusive? For anyone that plays video baseball games, the PS3 has a big advantage. If you don't care about baseball then its a non factor. I don't expect to see the same sports game on either system be much different two or three years from now. However the Show was a big reason I chose the PS3 over the 360.
To each his own.....I would *never* make a console decision on one game and only one game....But if you did that and are comfortable with it - then fine....I just disagree with that. I expressed my opinion, not a fact....I still stand behind it - all indications are that programmers who intend to offer games on all consoles will concentrate on the 360 and port from there. History backs that up - thats all most of them have ports since there were many consoles and no reason to expect it to change anytime soon - its simple economics.....I dont expect PS3 games to be so bad - but sure wont expect them to use the consoles full power either.

If for some reason you think I am bashing the PS3 - then reread my posts in this thread. I would recommend the PS3 over the 360 in many reasons....Sports games is just not one of them - as a sports gamer - I would look to the 360 first.

As for the Show - blah, baseball....I mean its a great game, but limited replay for me - I mean, pitch, catch, run, bat....Pretty much the same pretty quickly. There are so many ways to score and get people out. Its not like football - different combinations, strategies & way to play the game. I could never suggest baseball as a feature title of a console as anything more than slightly added value - again, opinion - but sales numbers sort of support that as a more general public perception as well....Nothing touches Madden - its a football country plain & simple.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:51 AM   #39
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I was simply pointing out that for the people out there that like baseball games, the PS3 is a strong draw. Football is #1 for me and baseball #2. I might get the occasional basketball game in but I really only play two games all year and only sports games at that.

I think there are many people that primarily play only one or two games on their console. Based on that, I don't thinks its necessarily wrong to base a purchase decision on your specific needs. It would be interesting to have a poll where people could vote on how many different games get significant time in their consoles. For me the answer is two.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:02 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I was simply pointing out that for the people out there that like baseball games, the PS3 is a strong draw. Football is #1 for me and baseball #2. I might get the occasional basketball game in but I really only play two games all year and only sports games at that.

I think there are many people that primarily play only one or two games on their console. Based on that, I don't thinks its necessarily wrong to base a purchase decision on your specific needs. It would be interesting to have a poll where people could vote on how many different games get significant time in their consoles. For me the answer is two.
I respect the opinion....I just think there are better reasons to choose the PS3 than "The Show"

1. Blue Ray
2. Blue Ray
3. Power
4. Free Online Gaming

I do think BR is gonna win the format war and make no mistake - its a war. But all indications to me see them winning - content is always key and they have that. Getting a BR player is pretty nice in the deal - to me - its a BIG deal....A Blue Ray player is $500 as a stand alone. The games will come around I am sure of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »