Home

Okay, I need some "consoling"

This is a discussion on Okay, I need some "consoling" within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2007, 04:09 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Okay, I need some "consoling"

Quote:
Originally Posted by football0021
This sounds like a scam but believe it or not I just got a free xbox 360 elite off of a freebie site called 360elite4free.com. It's one of those freebie sites and you have to complete the offers and refer people and all but it is totally legit and I got the free 360 about 2 weeks after ordering it. I'm in college and Im totally broke so this worked out nice because I never was able to drop $500 on a 360 and a game or two but this site actually worked out for me.
I never believe anyone that says what you just said - only because I am a pessimist. Can you tell us in detail what you had to do to acquire the 360?
Old 09-17-2007, 04:15 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yea I was definitely pessimistic at first too. Basically what you do is you sign up for the site and all. Next you have to complete one of they're offers. They are very strict about it though, like most of them are free trials and they want to make sure you actually use the free trial. So basically just wait to cancel an offer till maybe a week before the trial ends. Next you need to get a certain amount of referals. I got a 360 elite and ncaa football 08 and I had to get 11 referels. To get a referal you basically have to have someone sign up and complete an offer under the specific personal link that you are given. Once you get enough referals you submit your account for appoval where they make sure that you didn'y commit fraud and then after they approve your account, you order. I'm not trying to spam anyone or anything. If I was I would give you my link or what not but since i already ordered the thing i dont need anymore referals or what not so I'm just trying to help. The company behind the site is nicknamed TraInn. Research it and you will find pretty much all positive reviews.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:24 PM   #11
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

"blowing your identity"? What are you talking about?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2007, 04:46 PM   #12
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by e0820
I never believe anyone that says what you just said - only because I am a pessimist. Can you tell us in detail what you had to do to acquire the 360?
those are real, if you have patience, and friends who don't mind junk mail. It's all marketing and lazy companies resorting to bribes to get referrals.

It's not free, and you'll probably have to sign up for a credit card or two as well. The usual companies are stuff like those dvd clubs, sausage of the month clubs, shady teeth whitening companies with fake websites, and the wall street journal.

I almost got charged out the *** from some teeth whitening company linked up with one of these free game console sites. Had to notify my bank to block the charge. So these are legit, but can be sketchy and you have to have friends do it too.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:10 PM   #13
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
those are real, if you have patience, and friends who don't mind junk mail. It's all marketing and lazy companies resorting to bribes to get referrals.

It's not free, and you'll probably have to sign up for a credit card or two as well. The usual companies are stuff like those dvd clubs, sausage of the month clubs, shady teeth whitening companies with fake websites, and the wall street journal.

I almost got charged out the *** from some teeth whitening company linked up with one of these free game console sites. Had to notify my bank to block the charge. So these are legit, but can be sketchy and you have to have friends do it too.
You also have to be amazingly on the ball (paying attention) or else they'll charge you an insane amount if you forget to cancel. I've also almost forgotten a free CD thing back in the day and got a bill for 100 bucks. I just don't do that crap because I know I'm gonna forget and it'll get me later.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:12 PM   #14
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
You also have to be amazingly on the ball (paying attention) or else they'll charge you an insane amount if you forget to cancel. I've also almost forgotten a free CD thing back in the day and got a bill for 100 bucks. I just don't do that crap because I know I'm gonna forget and it'll get me later.
I know a few people have done those credit card offer programs with some visa gift cards and they just throw them out when they're done doing whatever offers they need.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 09-17-2007, 11:10 PM   #15
Rookie

gez20's Arena

OVR: 8

I was thinking about this the other day and ran into a free site that required no referrals but you need to do a ish load of offers. I'm still working out how much that would cost me.

Oh, and these sites do work. I got a Macbook Pro for under $90 after returning all that crap I had to buy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2007, 11:59 PM   #16
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by gez20
I was thinking about this the other day and ran into a free site that required no referrals but you need to do a ish load of offers. I'm still working out how much that would cost me.

Oh, and these sites do work. I got a Macbook Pro for under $90 after returning all that crap I had to buy.
holy ish, that must have been a ton ton ton of crap to sign up for to get a macbook pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »