Home

Gave Up My PS3/Want to Try the 360

This is a discussion on Gave Up My PS3/Want to Try the 360 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2007, 11:06 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Gave Up My PS3/Want to Try the 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by jauron
I think the final nail were the early indicators that this year's WWE game has not shown promise on the PS3, and you already know about the Madden and NHL issues. I actually play Madden PC and NFL 2K5 (PS2) exclusively, because Madden PS3 is borderline unplayable.
What NHL issues? It is 30 fps but it runs smooth and without a hiccup, for me at least. Or are you talking about NHL 2K8 which has some framerate issues in one of its camera angles?
Old 09-24-2007, 11:14 AM   #34
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddtrane
The main reason why I chose the 360 over the PS3 was because of Achievements and no rumble in the controller. But this seems to be the end of the rumble debate:

http://www.5w-g.com/?p=304

And with my bday coming this week, I see a PS3 in my future shortly.

I know people play The Show on PS3, but playing without rumble is what kept me from the next gen jump for baseball. And XBOX Live, theres no way I can live w/o that.
Just curious as to why rumble is needed for a baseball game?

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 09-24-2007, 11:30 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
like I've said before... by the time PS4 comes out... you'll have spent 1000's on your MS console... with the poor poor quality (rushing to be 1st) and pay to play service (which folks have been do'n since yr. 2000)... not to mention that y'all are already talkin' upgrade by 2010.... not trying to start nothing but the proof is in the puddin'.....

I've paid a little $1000+ in the almost 2 years i've owned the console and that's from games (yep, games...) and a couple of accessories... not repairs (haven't had to send in my console at all).. and people kill me with the poor poor quality like they completely forgot about PS2's faulty laser and PS2's having little magic marker lines on to the box to let people know if it has the weak laser or not OOOO THE AMNESIA... At least MS took the billion dollar hit themselves to give free repairs to those unfortunate... it took Sony a class action lawsuit and a couple of years before they decided to give PS2 owners free repairs until 2005

and the pay to play service...you get what you pay for.. we get our demo's on time and not weeks after the competition... always filled with new content and demos.. unified friends list where we can cross game chat... send game invites midgame... no need for exiting a game to look or read a message from another game... i mean if we're gonna add the cost of Live to the xbox... then when we get our cell phones... it's not $499.99 for an iphone (or whatever outlandish price it is), it's actually about $900.00+ when you factor in your cell phone bill every month Getting to market 1st has a lot of benefits (but if u don't own a 360 u won't know that)... as you can see... Developers have had more time to familiarize themselves with the 360 architecture and as a result 360 has been the lead platform since... I don't even know.. we don't get crappy ports or the inferior version of the 2 most of the time when the games drop on the same day...

the PS3 is the first Sony console that has the most powerful hardware out there (THE BEAST), and even with that, it's getting outperformed by the inferior 360 because of developer familiarity with the 360 headstart and games... GAMES are where it's at... and the 360 is further proof of that... and then some.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2007, 11:32 AM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I don't play baseball games but... the only thing i can think of when rumble is needed for a baseball game is during a pitch... pointing the stick in the direction you want to throw the ball in and your controller vibrating a little to show that you're out of the strike zone... but other than that..
Old 09-24-2007, 11:46 AM   #37
Pro

ddtrane's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Because when the boys and I get together, house rules state that on The Show that we must pitch with the ball cursor off. With no rumble, you can't feel the edges of the strike zone.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:17 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddtrane
Because when the boys and I get together, house rules state that on The Show that we must pitch with the ball cursor off. With no rumble, you can't feel the edges of the strike zone.
Sounds realistic to me! Shouldn't it be this way anyway? No rumble..no indication if you have hit the corner aim-wise?

C
Old 09-24-2007, 12:22 PM   #39
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
See that's my main problem. "Next Year". I paid the $ and it's been quite a time without a reason to power the system up except for The Show. It was my fault though. I should have waited for more games before purchasing. I just really wanted to play The Show.
I can't deal mine for 300.00 though so hopefullt next year will be a good one.

I traded in my 360 for a PS3 because I bought into all the hype. The PS3 is great if you want:

1) Blu-Ray DVD player
2) Don't play online too much
3) Like their exclusives & ease of roster transfers
4) As an entertainment system (blue-tooth enabled, ipod compatabilty, etc)
5) True HD unless you have a newer 360

Then I got tired of the fact that:

1) Downloads took forever on PSN (using same Internet connection)
2) Demo's & patches consistently come out after XBL's
3) This year's EA Sports packages aren't on par (60fps is noticeable, trust me, I played about 6 seasons of NCAA dynasty and you can tell in the responsiveness as well as how the players move/run)
4) Not as many of my friends own the PS3 (personal factor)
5) I prefer the XBOX360 controller now, especially for sports titles because I think the trigger systems are perfect for turbo (I had PS1 and PS2 for a long time and used to swear by their controllers)
6) The new HDMI ports allows full 1080p which some PS3 titles don't offer (NCAA)
7) No frame freezes (Plagued my College 2k7 game on the PS3)

Ulitmately I just got tired of all these "wait & see what PS3 will do in a year" and got a 360 with HDMI. I bought a "video game console" for right now. When it comes down to it, I can buy a Blu Ray Player seperately, all those features are meaningless to me if the video game console is subpar.

Last edited by KG; 09-24-2007 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:24 PM   #40
Pro

ddtrane's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Sounds realistic to me! Shouldn't it be this way anyway? No rumble..no indication if you have hit the corner aim-wise?

C
PS2 yes, PS3 no.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »