Home

Gave Up My PS3/Want to Try the 360

This is a discussion on Gave Up My PS3/Want to Try the 360 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2007, 03:25 AM   #65

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Gave Up My PS3/Want to Try the 360

Someone told me tonight that the Halo 3 Edition has newer heatsinks in them and thus doesnt get as hot as the other systems did, is this true? Just wondering, once I got rid of my 360 6-9 months ago I didnt really keep track of where things like this stood so an update would do me wonders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2007, 06:05 AM   #66
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHT69
I got a PS3 about 3 months ago and have been playing MLB The Show to death. I admit Madden and NCAA were ok games but not great on the PS3. And I am reading about all the great games that the 360 has. However the one thing that stops me everytime from picking up a 360 is the unreliability of the system itself. With the PS3, I don't have the fear that each time I put in a game, the system will break down. Hopefully when Microsoft can get the 360's running more reliably, I will think about picking one up.
I'm on a launch 360 and I have games to play for it. While the PS3 is "stable" it should be as there's no real reason (except for the Show) to power the thing up, IMO.

The reason you see people give the "games" argument is because these are supposed to be game machines and that's a big part of the decision. I think it's funny that now the games aren't important enough to base a decision on a system....I wonder why that is.
I'd love to have as many decisions on games with the PS3 as I do for the 360 but the fact remains the PS3 doesn't have enough to count on 3 fingers and that probably won't change until mid to late 2008.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 09-27-2007 at 06:11 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:31 AM   #67
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I gotta be honest....and I know some guys are going to blast me...but after playing Halo 3....I'm not that impressed and don't see how this could be a "system seller" at all. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game(it could be great, I haven't gotten that far), but it's nothing groundbreaking/earth shattering IMO.
I guess so many people just got the first two versions and were banking on this one that it got so hyped. Kind of like BioShock to me. Great game, but nothing that System Shock didn't do(or a couple of other games for that matter.

Okay.....began the onslaught

M.K.
Knight165

No onslaught here. I couldn't justify a purchase of either system based on 1 game but to each his own. I just got tired of the games being better on one system this year and the fact that more of my friends had the 360. I could care less about Microsoft or Sony as a company so im not bias towards either. I just want to play a good video game system.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:45 AM   #68
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I'm on a launch 360 and I have games to play for it. While the PS3 is "stable" it should be as there's no real reason (except for the Show) to power the thing up, IMO.
Funny I have a lot of reasons to power up my PS3: The Show, F1, APF, NHL 08, NHL 2K8 and soon NBA 2K8, FIFA 08, PES 2008, CH2K8...

You and others making the "no reason to ever play the PS3" argument are making that argument from the point of view of people who have both systems and are acting like all these games don't exist on PS3, which is unfair IMO. Yes I am aware that many of these games have featured better performance on the 360 but the fact of the matter is they are also working just fine with my PS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
The reason you see people give the "games" argument is because these are supposed to be game machines and that's a big part of the decision. I think it's funny that now the games aren't important enough to base a decision on a system....I wonder why that is.
I'd love to have as many decisions on games with the PS3 as I do for the 360 but the fact remains the PS3 doesn't have enough to count on 3 fingers and that probably won't change until mid to late 2008.
We are not trying to say that games aren't important. Like I said above, the point is that you are shortchanging the PS3 when saying there are no good games for it (or "not enough to count on 3 fingers"). It's as if you are treating multi-platform games as 360 exclusives. As you can probably tell by the list of games I wrote above, I am much like Undefeated in that I play mostly sports games, with a little racing and the occasional fighter mixed in. I hate shooters. I'll be the first to say that for someone who like a wider array of games, especially shooters then the 360 has a better selection. But to say there are no games worth playing on PS3 is just false.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:52 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 11

My only comment on this will be I don't get the "fear" of booting up the 360. I think I paid $40 for the Best Buy replacement plan which is good for 2 years. That's not a lot of money (and still comes out cheaper than a PS3). I don't "fear" anything about the 360 because if it does break, i just bring it to Best Buy for another one. This is an option everyone has, especially if you're someone that fears turning the machine on.

So, I wouldn't choose a PS3 over a 360 strictly because of worry about it breaking. If it does break, it's not a big deal.

Last edited by born_bad; 09-27-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:57 AM   #70
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Funny I have a lot of reasons to power up my PS3: The Show, F1, APF, NHL 08, NHL 2K8 and soon NBA 2K8, FIFA 08, PES 2008, CH2K8...

You and others making the "no reason to ever play the PS3" argument are making that argument from the point of view of people who have both systems and are acting like all these games don't exist on PS3, which is unfair IMO. Yes I am aware that many of these games have featured better performance on the 360 but the fact of the matter is they are also working just fine with my PS3.

We are not trying to say that games aren't important. Like I said above, the point is that you are shortchanging the PS3 when saying there are no good games for it (or "not enough to count on 3 fingers"). It's as if you are treating multi-platform games as 360 exclusives. As you can probably tell by the list of games I wrote above, I am much like Undefeated in that I play mostly sports games, with a little racing and the occasional fighter mixed in. I hate shooters. I'll be the first to say that for someone who like a wider array of games, especially shooters then the 360 has a better selection. But to say there are no games worth playing on PS3 is just false.
I think that is what is happening here..........many of us that have both systems, its hard justifying owning both since right now there aren't enough exclusives on the PS3 yet to fully set it apart from the 360. Again, it depends on what type of games that you like. There are exclusives on the PS3, but again nothing that jumps out killer app. I really hope that Rachet and Clank + Uncharted turn out to be very good as I'm looking forward to those the most on the PS3 for this fall.

The problem with the PS3, this time last year the 360 was farther ahead than where the PS3 is at right now in a years time. There was plenty of exclusive like titles that were releasing during this timeframe, even though in the beginning it was port heaven from the xbox.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:08 PM   #71
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan

Hold up. Everything I said was IMO. For ME there are no games worth playing (except for The Show, which I mentioned, is why I own a PS3)
And IMO if you only get one system right now it's the 360. Sorry it doesn't agree with yours but I wasn't trying to get a concensus but rather give MY OPINION. Yes some of these games are on both systems but the brunt of them are better on the 360. So IMO there are no good games for the PS3 when I can get the same game, playing better on the 360.
I want the PS3 to get going as I am not losing my butt trading it in. Point is for me there is none yet that I like. For others that might be different and I'm sure it is and I'm happy for them.
I don't want this to be a PS3 vs 360 because I want both systems to be bad a$$ and last a long time. I just wish there were more games I wanted on the PS3 right now. Little big planet can't come soon enough

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 09-27-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2007, 10:14 PM   #72
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymanGT
The problem with the PS3, this time last year the 360 was farther ahead than where the PS3 is at right now in a years time.
You're the second person to mention this. Based on my brief research, the 360 had maybe 8 or 10 more games this time last year than the PS3 currently has. And, frankly, looking over the list, I've haven't even heard of most of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games (Note that you can sort the list by release date.)

Looking that over I'm reminded quite vividly of the many times I went to the video store looking to rent something and coming away empty handed. I'm not saying the PS3's current lineup is better than what the 360 had a year ago, but my experience was that, save Oblivion and the sports titles, its cupboard was pretty damn bare, too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »