Home

Problems with XBL (due to H3?)

This is a discussion on Problems with XBL (due to H3?) within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2007, 05:25 AM   #9
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Problems with XBL (due to H3?)

It's due to Microsoft being unprepared for all the people playing Halo 3 IMO. I've just given up two days in a row trying to send messages or download anything.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:03 AM   #10
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
my 360 actually locks up whenever I try to look at anything related to live, like messages, friends list, comparing games, or viewing achievements. I guess even pressing the guide button causes it to lock up, as I can't get out of the menu without it locking up as well.

nice to know they were able to handle the combined load caused by the most anticipated game ever and giving free xbox live gold access to all for days. I guess the money I give them for Live isn't enough.
Mine was doing the same thing Tuesday night BUT I left it alone and within 30-45 seconds it "unlocked". I never had to reset system or anything.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 09-27-2007, 08:46 AM   #11
All Star

OVR: 35

Seemed to be working fine last night...albeit a little slow at times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2007, 08:50 AM   #12
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
my 360 actually locks up whenever I try to look at anything related to live, like messages, friends list, comparing games, or viewing achievements. I guess even pressing the guide button causes it to lock up, as I can't get out of the menu without it locking up as well.

nice to know they were able to handle the combined load caused by the most anticipated game ever and giving free xbox live gold access to all for days. I guess the money I give them for Live isn't enough.
To be fair, we were playing last night, there was 646,000 people playing Halo 3 at the very time we were. That's a LOT of people at one time hitting MS' servers. You can only stress test so much, even with the hype, I would have never guessed that many people playing one game at one time in my life. Just absolute insanity. Adding the others not playing Halo, the people just doing whatever on the dashboard...and yes, the servers were getting pounded.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 09-27-2007, 12:59 PM   #13
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
To be fair, we were playing last night, there was 646,000 people playing Halo 3 at the very time we were. That's a LOT of people at one time hitting MS' servers. You can only stress test so much, even with the hype, I would have never guessed that many people playing one game at one time in my life. Just absolute insanity. Adding the others not playing Halo, the people just doing whatever on the dashboard...and yes, the servers were getting pounded.
well again, people pay $50 for this annually. I don't even have halo 3 and my xbox locks up on me because of this. Halo 3 was guaranteed to be a massive seller, then MS decided to add on top of that by making gold free as a promotion...at the same time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »