Home

Putting gamertags on 2 360s

This is a discussion on Putting gamertags on 2 360s within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2007, 02:01 PM   #9
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Putting gamertags on 2 360s

Alright, nice. Thanks.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:14 PM   #10
MVP

forensicd's Arena

OVR: 21

Be warned however, recovering your gamertag takes forever! Im not talking a few minutes, im talking like 30-45 minutes.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #11
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
yes..

that isn't true and you still recieve the achievements, thats the point of recovering the gamertag...his friends gamertag will still boot up as the primary gamertag...

next time Longhorn returns to his friends house and signs in against. His gamerscore and everything will update on his friends systems automatically. me and my brother do it all the time. doesn't harm a thing....

like I said recover it on his 360, instead of moving your profile....that way you will still get achievements for all the stuff you do as player 2...and when you get home, those achievements will still show up on your 360 at home when you log back in....

Achievements are kept record of on microsofts servers and update everytime you log online...so he's good.
As I said, it won't. You must have misread what I wrote.

If you get achievements OFFLINE, but later progress with another profile ONLINE and try to sign online later with the OFFLINE profile you will get a error message saying something about recovering the latest profile on XBL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2007, 03:19 PM   #12
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensicd
Be warned however, recovering your gamertag takes forever! Im not talking a few minutes, im talking like 30-45 minutes.
Doesn't take mine longer then 3 minutes and my profile is 12mb big.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:40 PM   #13
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
Doesn't take mine longer then 3 minutes and my profile is 12mb big.

No lately it is, because of Halo 3 clogging the servers, I recovered my gamertag last night on my Elite its took 1 hour 17 minutes...

made me mad as hell....

And Altimus, he was adding his gamertag to his friends 360 to play online, not offline....and we've been doing this since launch....and even with me being player one or player two...me and my bro still get achievements depending on what we do...playing Madden 08 and NBA 2k8, we've both gotten achievements....and they were saved.

When i went back and logged on my system later on, my gamerscore was updated and it showed the achievements still...like I said it works...
Old 09-27-2007, 04:50 PM   #14
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
No lately it is, because of Halo 3 clogging the servers, I recovered my gamertag last night on my Elite its took 1 hour 17 minutes...

made me mad as hell....

And Altimus, he was adding his gamertag to his friends 360 to play online, not offline....and we've been doing this since launch....and even with me being player one or player two...me and my bro still get achievements depending on what we do...playing Madden 08 and NBA 2k8, we've both gotten achievements....and they were saved.

When i went back and logged on my system later on, my gamerscore was updated and it showed the achievements still...like I said it works...
I know. I was just saying in case you recover and choose to play offline. I know this because my friend had to recover a profile and got that message. Misunderstanding I guess.

An hour and a half? Damn... that is why usually when I go to a friend's house I bring a memory card with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »