Home

Do you think the tide is turning?

This is a discussion on Do you think the tide is turning? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2007, 09:44 AM   #81
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Do you think the tide is turning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
Thanks Klocker, I appreciate valid data from people instead of babble. But remember, your only taking in NPD sales. As you mentioned NPD sales are for NA, and your right, they're getting clobbered. Now if we add worldwide sales to these numbers there is another way to paint it.

U.S. Monthly = NPD
Canada Monthly = NPD
Japan = Media Create and Famitsu/Enterbrain
U.K. = Chart Track
Europe = GfK
Australia = Gfk
Japan is the only place you'll find the PS3 dominating the 360 in sales, but who didn't know that before the consoles were even released?

The only month the PS3 outsold the 360 here in Canada this summer was after the price drop during the month of June, (15k to 13k), every other month has been 360 dominated, usually at a 2:1 rate, with September being a 3.5:1 rate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2007, 12:12 PM   #82
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
Thanks Klocker, I appreciate valid data from people instead of babble. But remember, your only taking in NPD sales. As you mentioned NPD sales are for NA, and your right, they're getting clobbered. Now if we add worldwide sales to these numbers there is another way to paint it.

U.S. Monthly = NPD
Canada Monthly = NPD
Japan = Media Create and Famitsu/Enterbrain
U.K. = Chart Track
Europe = GfK
Australia = Gfk
Why don't you post those numbers from other countries then?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 10-20-2007, 01:06 PM   #83
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Why don't you post those numbers from other countries then?
Jmood, I was hoping those who are members to those forums could. Some of those sites you need to become certain members to access information. I remember trying one and I had to become some VIP. Wasn't worth it. And other sites only provided data when they had them available. Nevermind them having easily access information.

But back to topic, it would be interesting to see adding Japan, and Europe, and Australia sales to the total figures and really get the better picture regarding "turning the tides"
Old 10-21-2007, 08:40 AM   #84
MVP

Spongedaddy's Arena

OVR: 10

For Sony, IMO, turning the tides simply means selling well. Unless M$ messes up big time they should arrive at the "next" generation in a great place. All Sony needs to do is sell, they don't need to win. If Sony makes BR the next dominant format that would be a huge victory. I don't know if that will happen, but I am sure it is something they want. If MS can make downloadable movies the next big thing they will have an incredible victory. The technology is moving that way, but the big question is if the public is ready to abandon having some kind of physical media (a disc) in hand.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:16 AM   #85
*n H**t*s..R*b**ld*ng..

SLAYER's Arena

Jim Cramer, a big figure in stocks & investing, owns a website called TheStreet.com. According to this video, their analysts predict the PS3 will outsell the Wii & 360 by the end of 2008. For those wondering or won't click the link, outselling by rate, not accumulated sales.

Not saying I agree or disagree, but it's interesting that The Street came to this conclusion. Anybody who watches Mad Money knows Cramer is cautious about SCE in regards to the PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2007, 09:35 AM   #86
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER
Jim Cramer, a big figure in stocks & investing, owns a website called TheStreet.com. According to this video, their analysts predict the PS3 will outsell the Wii & 360 by the end of 2008. For those wondering or won't click the link, outselling by rate, not accumulated sales.

Not saying I agree or disagree, but it's interesting that The Street came to this conclusion. Anybody who watches Mad Money knows Cramer is cautious about SCE in regards to the PS3.
They said the same thing last year that by the end of 2007 the PS3 would dominate in sales. When it becomes obvious that the PS3 sales are not up to their expecatations they will say it will happen in 2009.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:05 AM   #87
*n H**t*s..R*b**ld*ng..

SLAYER's Arena

I just explained that the owner of that company has repeatedly been cautious about Sony Computer Entertainment and the PS3. Never championing it, never making an assessment as sales leader for 2007.

Hence why I even posted that. It's an about face, thus an interesting development.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:56 AM   #88
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
Alan Wake
Fable 2
Banjo
Ninja Gaiden 2
Too Human
Splinter Cell Conviction
Left 4 Dead
Marvel MMO
Peter Jackson Halo Project
Halo Wars
ABP
Lost Odyssey
Cry On
Here are a few more 360 console exclusives announced for 08...alot of these are also coming to PC:

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures (MMO)
Dead or Alive Code: Cronus
Huxley (MMO)
Postal III
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
The Secret World (MMO)
Universe At War: Earth Assault
Command & Conquer 3: Kane’s Wrath
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Precursors
Dead Island
Warhound
Warhammer: Battle March
World in conflict
Croteam Project (possibly Serious Sam III)
Voodoo Nights
Total Overdose 2
Strike Force Red Cell
The Shadow of Aten
Dawn of Fantasy
Theseis

Last edited by HMcCoy; 10-30-2007 at 05:04 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »