Home

Do you think the tide is turning?

This is a discussion on Do you think the tide is turning? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2007, 12:49 AM   #17
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Do you think the tide is turning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I think it's funny how all the PS3 owners think the tide is turning and the 360 owners don't. You guys are all biased. Admit it. There's probably less than 20% of you who could actually talk about this topic objectively.
The OP has a 360 lol.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 10-13-2007, 12:57 AM   #18
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongedaddy
I was just reading something (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/10/12/...vd-ps3-memory/) about how they were having trouble with fitting Assassins Creed on one DVD for the 360 and some memory issues for the PS3. They had help from Sony to work out the memory issues, but there are still some limitations to the DVD issue. Combine that with Bungie going solo and EA buying Bioware/Pandemic and I can't help but wonder if the tide is beginning to turn. This year clearly belongs to (well really the Wii, but I am not counting them in here) the 360. However, Valve aside, if Bioware and others start making games for the PS3 and developers start learning how to really work the system could the tide turn?

Right now MS is really strong for this holiday, but past that is kind of a blank. We know Fable 2, etc. is coming, but besides that we don't really know the gameplan. Rare hasn't worked out too well so far and now Bungie, Bioware, etc. are somewhat free game.

The flip side of this is Sony seems so incredibly dense lately, but it is hard to believe they wont correct the ship.

Thoughts on this?
I think you're jumping the gun...you say that the 360 is "kind of a blank" past the holiday, but PS3 isn't really all that clear either...Next fall will be a very telling battle. MS has whipped PS3 so far this fall, and the holiday season is the big hitter. I still think PS3 has a lot of work to do in the software department.

Hell, I f'n want a PS3 for Blu-Ray, but there aren't really many first party games that really force me to pull the trigger. When a hardcore gamer/tech gadget guy hasn't pulled the trigger you know there's a problem.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:28 AM   #19
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
What's funny is that ps3 fans(not talking about you) love talking about the red light problem yet they had no problem with the ps2 breaking down all the time.
Well, first of all, comparing the 360's problems with the PS2's isn't exactly fair. It's a plain matter of fact that the 360 is among the most unreliable electronic products in history - and that's no overstatement. The PS2's failure rate isn't even in the same league. Not to mention, to ride Vince's coattails a bit, the PS2 is irrelevant. The simple fact is that the 360's reliability issues are a major factor in the PS3 vs. 360 discussion. Hell, to be honest, it's the only reason I even have a PS3 in the first place.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:40 AM   #20
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Well, first of all, comparing the 360's problems with the PS2's isn't exactly fair. It's a plain matter of fact that the 360 is among the most unreliable electronic products in history - and that's no overstatement. The PS2's failure rate isn't even in the same league. Not to mention, to ride Vince's coattails a bit, the PS2 is irrelevant. The simple fact is that the 360's reliability issues are a major factor in the PS3 vs. 360 discussion. Hell, to be honest, it's the only reason I even have a PS3 in the first place.
I wasn't saying that it was relevant, I was just saying that it's funny. The ps2 was very unreliable yet I never saw Sony offer any kind of replacement program or extended warranty for it.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 10-13-2007, 01:45 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
I wasn't saying that it was relevant, I was just saying that it's funny. The ps2 was very unreliable yet I never saw Sony offer any kind of replacement program or extended warranty for it.
This is true. I've had 3 PS2's because of bad lasers and whatnot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2007, 01:48 AM   #22
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Fair enough, good sir. Fair enough.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:06 AM   #23
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

I have both and I don't feel that the tide will even come close to turning till Metal Gear Solid comes out. I think they'll get a few sales for Ratchet and Clank and probably alot more if Drake's Fortune turns out great, but it will take either a Final Fantasy or MGS to dent the heck out of the 360 and Wii's market share.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:02 AM   #24
MVP

Spongedaddy's Arena

OVR: 10

What about Little Big Planet? It hits a sweet spot of family gaming that Viva Pinata missed and the Wii dominates. I have both machines, but MS has me wondering right now. I didn't expect to like the PS3 as much as I do.

I do admit that the 360 failure rate has soured me a bit, but the game library is tremendous. As far as the PS3 being blank, Little Big Planet and MGS are slated for the first part of 2007. The 360 also has a strong lineup for 07, but it will not be like this year. Bioshock, Mass Effect and Halo 4 blew the doors right off. Next year it will be much much closer on many different levels. The 360 had a chance to put the game away and they didn't. I really feel like a momentum shift is starting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »