Home

Xbox 360 and PS3 questions

This is a discussion on Xbox 360 and PS3 questions within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2007, 06:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Xbox 360 and PS3 questions

I'm trying to decide which console to go with. If anyone has some answers to these questions, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1) For the Xbox 360:
- Can you still download and transfer roster files now that the Datel Kit is gone? I believe with the PS3 you can download rosters, i.e. Pro Evolution Soccer, onto a usb flash drive and then transfer them to the PS3 through one of the usb ports. I've heard that you probably can't do it on the 360 for free like that, but are there any $$ options and how expensive are they?
- Also, are the noise, heat and reliability issues with the newer premium systems and the elites still substantial compared to a ps3?

2) For the PS3:
- How is the online play for this system? I keep hearing how great Xbox live is, but I can't find any reasons for why the ps3 suffers in this respect. Are there limited servers, is there a lot of lag/slowdown or is it just that there are fewer gamers on the ps3 right now? I'm not interested in downloading trailers, movies and such but would want access to demos.

3) For both systems:
Does the HDMI ports on both systems only require standard male-male HDMI cables? I find this odd b/c in past consoles, going all the way to the nes, you needed to buy a console exclusive a/v cable that required a unique connection on the console side to hook it up.

sorry for the long winded questions and thanks again...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2007, 07:30 PM   #2
Rookie

Fluffhead's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Xbox 360 and PS3 questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvinthra
2) For the PS3:
- How is the online play for this system? I keep hearing how great Xbox live is, but I can't find any reasons for why the ps3 suffers in this respect. Are there limited servers, is there a lot of lag/slowdown or is it just that there are fewer gamers on the ps3 right now? I'm not interested in downloading trailers, movies and such but would want access to demos.

3) For both systems:
Does the HDMI ports on both systems only require standard male-male HDMI cables? I find this odd b/c in past consoles, going all the way to the nes, you needed to buy a console exclusive a/v cable that required a unique connection on the console side to hook it up.

sorry for the long winded questions and thanks again...
I can only comment on the PS3 as that's all I have at the moment. Online play is fine, primary issue is lack of gamers. I've rarely had lag issues on a wide variety of games. XBox Live can't be topped at the moment though; PS3 doesn't have near the amount bells and whistles as the Live, but that doesn't bother me.

Yes, it's as simple as a standard HDMI cable, that's it!
Old 10-22-2007, 08:07 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Xbox 360 and PS3 questions

Thanks!

Anybody have any thoughts on my 1st question (or direct me to where I can find these answers!)

1) For the Xbox 360:
- Can you still download and transfer roster files now that the Datel Kit is gone? I believe with the PS3 you can download rosters, i.e. Pro Evolution Soccer, onto a usb flash drive and then transfer them to the PS3 through one of the usb ports. I've heard that you probably can't do it on the 360 for free like that, but are there any $$ options and how expensive are they?
- Also, are the noise, heat and reliability issues with the newer premium systems and the elites still substantial compared to a ps3?

Last edited by malvinthra; 10-23-2007 at 12:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »