Home

Gamespot Editor fired over Kane and Lynch Review?

This is a discussion on Gamespot Editor fired over Kane and Lynch Review? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2007, 08:13 AM   #9
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: Gamespot Editor fired over Kane and Lynch Review?

Terrible, absolutely terrible.

And people wonder why IGN's and Gamespot's reviews suck. This is why you can't trust them. Reviewer gives an honest opinion of a game, but because the site sold advertising to the game, they fire him over giving the game a bad review in threats over losing money.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 11-30-2007, 09:54 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

This is bu!!Sh!t. If this is true I'm done with gamespot and Eidos products. Jeff was the face of gamespot after Rich left. The off topic forums at gamespot are going crazy over this and rightfully so. Consumer backlash is going to kill eidos and gamespot. I really enjoyed Jeffs work and his off the wall personality so I'm a little pissed about this.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:59 AM   #11
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I'm not saying that it didn't happen, but I'll tell you what....that is VERY POOR reporting. Hanging it out there that he was fired for that reason, with absolutely NO confirmation other than a "tip".
Sure, it may well be exactly as reported, but to dangle that out there is a bit careless.
Look at how you guys are up in arms over it...and it just may be that this guy had a beef with his boss......got into an arguement and it got a little too heated and was fired. Maybe HE just had enough and told them if you don't change this and that.....to fire him....maybe he had an affair with the bosses brother or grandmother. Who knows what this is about? Certainly not the guy reporting this piece as he CLEARLY states, so I have no idea why he would allude to anything without finding out.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2007, 11:06 AM   #12
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm not saying that it didn't happen, but I'll tell you what....that is VERY POOR reporting. Hanging it out there that he was fired for that reason, with absolutely NO confirmation other than a "tip".
Sure, it may well be exactly as reported, but to dangle that out there is a bit careless.
Look at how you guys are up in arms over it...and it just may be that this guy had a beef with his boss......got into an arguement and it got a little too heated and was fired. Maybe HE just had enough and told them if you don't change this and that.....to fire him....maybe he had an affair with the bosses brother or grandmother. Who knows what this is about? Certainly not the guy reporting this piece as he CLEARLY states, so I have no idea why he would allude to anything without finding out.

M.K.
Knight165
Who knows, but this could be big if he got fired over giving a game a bad review due to money and advertising. This will finally prove that sites like IGN and Gamespot take money for writing good reviews on a crappy game. We have speculated for years that their taking money under the table, but this will reassure that its true if it ever comes out that he was fired for this reason.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:06 AM   #13
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Why is this in console talk anyway?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 11-30-2007, 11:26 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Stunning. And I thought reviewers were honest journalists!

Next thing you're gonna tell me is that mainstream media has bias too?!

I don't think I'll ever look at the world the same way again.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:51 AM   #15
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

If this is true, I wouldn't be surprised. Just makes me trust Gamespot even less.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2007, 12:02 PM   #16
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

Personaly I've always had a problem with IGN. Gamespot has fell off so hard these past few months. Only site that seems to stay away from the sway is 1Up. Good to know that there is a little credibility within society still. I'm still pissed about that 2K7 review Gamespot allowed to let slide.......

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »