Home

PS3 or XBOX 360??

This is a discussion on PS3 or XBOX 360?? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2007, 10:52 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: PS3 or XBOX 360??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I agree, if you're a sports gamer then it's Xbox 360, no question.
Which is funny, because many say if your a sports gamer PS3 no question, if your a shooter fan and play online then get a 360. I actually currently have both because I can't make a damn decision. Maybe in a few years when one of them might be the absolute clear winner I will sell the other, but for now theres just to many upsides for BOTH of them for me to choose.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:38 AM   #18
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

It should be like this. If you're a sports game, and don't care for MLB: The Show, then it's Xbox 360 no question.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:53 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 14

Well if u cant play Mlb the Show online due to all the crappy servers wat fun is that. I feel like they just stole 30$ bux from me for only being able to play offline.

Xbox 360 is the clear favorite for sports game right now even if they dont have all the games on theirs system.

When u see madden nation start using the ps3 for competition u'll know when it time to switch.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:18 AM   #20
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holic
It should be like this. If you're a sports game, and don't care for MLB: The Show, then it's Xbox 360 no question.
I agree with that 100%.

PS3 for sports games if you are a baseball fan (360 has MLB2K and The Bigs..PS3 has The Show, MLB2K, The Bigs, and MLB Power Pros, well, Power Pros only if you have a 60GB PS3 with backwards compatibility), no question about it. PS3 if you are a sports gamer for offline sports games

360 if you are a sports gamer wanting to play online.

Only thing I'd add, if you are a boxing fan, it looks like 2K's Prize Fighters that's coming out is 360 and Wii only, no PS3 version. That's something else to consider.

Since from here on out, the games are going to be similar on both systems, I'd say the PS3 is the better investment. It's been really paying for itself over the past few months in my eyes, let alone all the Blu rays I've been watching.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 12-10-2007, 08:45 AM   #21
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox
Thanks for the reply. So are those games unplayable, how bad is that frame-rate problem? Also, there seems to be some who have the problem and some don't, is there a variable that affects that?
The framerate problem isn't that bad at all. Its certainly not a game killer or anything like that. However, the 360 version of NCAA is much smoother. For the '09 versions I would expect 60 fps on all systems.

The fact you are interested in the Show makes the decision an easy one in favour of the PS3. Its a big reason I got the Show as well. With both consoles being basically the same price now I personally think its a no brainer to get a PS3 for sports games, especially if you like baseball. You get the Show, free built in WIFI, as well as easy and FREE roster transfers for NCAA. Plus you get a Blu Ray player which you are interested in and a much more reliable piece of hardware.

As long as you can live without Halo and some of the other 360 exclusives, you won't regrest going with the PS3 at all. Others will mention XBox Live as a benefit to the 360 but you also have to pay for it. Depends on how much you want to play online I guess. The 360 DOES have movie and TV downloads right now while Sony still hasn't offered this for some reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2007, 09:52 AM   #22
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Others will mention XBox Live as a benefit to the 360 but you also have to pay for it. Depends on how much you want to play online I guess. The 360 DOES have movie and TV downloads right now while Sony still hasn't offered this for some reason.
But, PSN is so laggy (The Show still is hit or miss whether you'll get a whole game in). What good is it to be free when it's not very good. I'll gladly pay 49.99 a year for a lag free gaming experience. Same with PSN. Fix the system and charge for it. I'll pay.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 12-10-2007, 09:59 AM   #23
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
But, PSN is so laggy (The Show still is hit or miss whether you'll get a whole game in). What good is it to be free when it's not very good. I'll gladly pay 49.99 a year for a lag free gaming experience. Same with PSN. Fix the system and charge for it. I'll pay.
I guess it all depends on how much you play online and what you are willing to pay for. The OP should consider that as well.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:06 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

I rarely get a "lag free" game on Xbox live. I think it's dumb MS makes you pay for Xbox live, then you have to pay even more just to download stuff, double dippin the customers.

PSN:LionsFan20
XBL:TheLionsFan20

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »