Home

Custom Music on 360?

This is a discussion on Custom Music on 360? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2007, 03:23 AM   #1
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Custom Music on 360?

Does anyone know, is it possible to rip music on the 360 off of a CDR? I ask this for SDvR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2007, 03:57 AM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Custom Music on 360?

Yes, I've been doing just that for a while now actually. Burn the files you want onto an audio CD, stick it into the XBOX, and rip it onto the 360 hard drive.

(shotgunning the question...)

Once the music is on the XBOX, you need to create a playlist for every individual song you want to use in Smackdown. A bit of a hassle, yes, but it's worth it. Once the playlists are created, go into Create An Entrance (either Easy or Advanced, doesn't matter) and for the music option, choose "User Playlist" and any saved playlists on your XBOX 360 will be selectable.

It should be noted that if you try to use a playlist with more than one song on it, the game will only play the first song on the playlist. Also I've read reports that if you have over 100 playlists (or some number above that; 127? not sure, more than you'll need probably), the game will crash when you select the User Playlist option in Create An Entrance.

As far as I know, you can use a CAW with custom music on XBOX Live, but your opponent will not hear any music for your CAW's entrance.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:46 AM   #3
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Yes, I've been doing just that for a while now actually. Burn the files you want onto an audio CD, stick it into the XBOX, and rip it onto the 360 hard drive.

(shotgunning the question...)

Once the music is on the XBOX, you need to create a playlist for every individual song you want to use in Smackdown. A bit of a hassle, yes, but it's worth it. Once the playlists are created, go into Create An Entrance (either Easy or Advanced, doesn't matter) and for the music option, choose "User Playlist" and any saved playlists on your XBOX 360 will be selectable.

It should be noted that if you try to use a playlist with more than one song on it, the game will only play the first song on the playlist. Also I've read reports that if you have over 100 playlists (or some number above that; 127? not sure, more than you'll need probably), the game will crash when you select the User Playlist option in Create An Entrance.

As far as I know, you can use a CAW with custom music on XBOX Live, but your opponent will not hear any music for your CAW's entrance.
Thanks Kroniq, now I just need to find Demolitions theme.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:51 AM   #4
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Is this the same for all games? For example, can you have custom soundtracks with NCAA 08?

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 12-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #5
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker_OS
Is this the same for all games? For example, can you have custom soundtracks with NCAA 08?
You can have music from the hard drive play INSTEAD of the in-game music in any XBOX360 game (i.e. listen to the music like an MP3 player while you play). The game has to be specifically programmed to utiilze music on the hard drive in any other manner, however. I'm not aware that NCAA can take advantage of music like Smackdown can (or for that matter ESPN NFL 2K5 for the XBOX, I know you can't do that in NCAA), but you can definitely listen to the music on your harddrive during the games and in place of the menu music.

The only other game I've heard that allows for custom soundtracks in the same manner as Smackdown or NFL 2K5 is one of the 2K NHL games, but I've never played it so I'm not sure if that's indeed true.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »