Home

Unbelievable..........

This is a discussion on Unbelievable.......... within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 09:05 PM   #1
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

OVR: 8
Unbelievable..........

i bought my xbox 360 2 months ago.....and had no problems not even a clue there was any problems the console was great everything just fine. one day i decided to go to xbox live and check out if any updates or roster updates are on. i used the ethernet cable given to us by xbox to connect to live from dsl.....i go didnt find what i was looking for.shut off everything and take off the ethernet cable from console....after about a hour after, i decide i want to play nhl 2008, i turn on game and BAM! i instantly get RROD! i couldnt believe it....so i call x-box and of course they are sending the coffin to get my game fixed...but i'm really bummed out with quality of the way the console is made, i mean my god, all i did was put an ethernet cable to the 360 to get xbox live and this is what i get for it......just so sad.......any thoughts or comments?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2008, 09:12 PM   #2
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Unbelievable..........

Weird...so was it one of the newer 360's with HDMI connectivity? Did you try unplugging & replugging in the cables?
Old 01-21-2008, 09:17 PM   #3
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
Weird...so was it one of the newer 360's with HDMI connectivity? Did you try unplugging & replugging in the cables?
yeah i did and nothing....and xbox told me to take out the harddrive and see if it starts then, and i got nothing as well.....

yeah it is the newer 360 with hdmi connectivity....
Old 01-21-2008, 09:35 PM   #4
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjj2xs
yeah i did and nothing....and xbox told me to take out the harddrive and see if it starts then, and i got nothing as well.....

yeah it is the newer 360 with hdmi connectivity....
That sucks...sorry to hear it. I bought mine (with HDMI) around the same time as you. I got the RROD once, but unplugged and re-plugged the cables and it worked fine and has been (knock on wood) ever since. Did you get any extended warranty on it where you could exchange it in-store?
Old 01-21-2008, 09:46 PM   #5
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
That sucks...sorry to hear it. I bought mine (with HDMI) around the same time as you. I got the RROD once, but unplugged and re-plugged the cables and it worked fine and has been (knock on wood) ever since. Did you get any extended warranty on it where you could exchange it in-store?
i have a year warranty with the option for 2 yr....so it's covered, and you know i will pay for the 2 yr....lol, i just called x-box and they said it was a hardware failure to send it in......now i'm hearing that the console you send in is not the same console you get back.....all i know it better be for me....if it comes back and its an older model, i will call xbox and demand my money back and i'll send them everything back....cuz that's just crap rite there.....either fix mine or give me a new one not a recondition old one...that was fixed....screw that....hell mine was only 2mos old......lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2008, 09:54 PM   #6
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Please use the 360 problems thread that is just below here.

Thanks
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »