Home

XBL racial slurs are out of control....

This is a discussion on XBL racial slurs are out of control.... within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 07:26 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: XBL racial slurs are out of control....

I guess my expectations are low when it come to internet communication with random people. People are more rude and disrespectful when they are not face to face. I just tell really bad mama jokes back and move on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2008, 07:28 AM   #26
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

as mentioned before you can report them to xbox live. if enough people report, something gets done. My suggestion, add the cool people to your friends list and only play with the cool people. The sad truth is regardless of race we have a lot of ****wads in the world. There are also alot of good decent people. It's impossible to eliminate contact with all of the ****wads, but you caan minimize it. Play with friends.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:50 AM   #27
All Star

OVR: 35

I play games with randoms, but only use my headset when playing with friends. It's a good way to avoid annoying kids or ignorant racists.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:44 AM   #28
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Man racism has been here for years and isn't going anywhere.

We use the "N" word so much, that everyone things its cool. And when someone else says it back to us, we act like were offended. I don't really care anymore.

Why even give people's negativity so much power. Every time you get upset about it, or at someone who is just ignorant. You are giving them power over you, because they are feeding off that anger.

Ignore it, enjoy your games, when they find out, they can't upset you, they will shut up.

If you are playing COD 4, RB6 or whatever, find out who is saying what, and shoot them the most in the game, if they get killed more than everyone else, they'll get the message. Its call safe aggression.

Take it out on them in the game, not the real word. And let the actions during gameplay, speak a lot louder than any argument you could ever give them.

But overall its not worth getting upset over. Its been here for years, and its not dying. Some people just don't know any better, its how they are raised and from who they were raised around.

Thats my opinion and 2 pennies....Peace
Old 01-29-2008, 11:00 AM   #29
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Yet another reason, I basically have limited myself to playing people I know. Way too many d-bags out there. It's a shame, and it never ceases to amaze me how ignorant some people are. Unfortunately ignorance breeds ingnorance, if you know what I mean.

If you know who's doing it, I believe you can report their gamertag to MS.
Thats why I like OS... because I can play with guys I kinda know. I have met different folks some more mature than others but overall there is a level of respect.

HMccoy the issue will always be that people generally hate what they dont know and feel protected online to say some off the wall stuff. I listen to people get into XBL arguments and just shake my head and wonder how sad can your life be to voice chat fight with someone from a whole another country let alone from a different town. I dont think these guys even understand what they are saying they think its cool to be a-holes. I hear dudes online talking about Jews, gays, hispanics, blacks any and everybody because mommy and daddy arent around to police them. Its a bunch of cowards who have no idea how be around other people and just be themselves.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:05 AM   #30
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

I don't use my microphone at all anymore because I don't want to listen to the idiots. Usually every room I'm in playing COD4 there is some 13 year old with a screechy high voice telling everyone how is going to own them. Once this started becoming the norm I just took my microphone out for good.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:12 AM   #31
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7

The amount of people play on XBL is enough of a sample size to represent the US population as a whole. Just like real life, there are chances that you'd meet some cool random people. But the chances are much greater that you'd meet a D-bag. So again, just like real life, it's better to hang and play with your friends and people that you're sure about.

The scary thing is that these D-bags also have one vote like me and you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2008, 11:20 AM   #32
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac11367
The amount of people play on XBL is enough of a sample size to represent the US population as a whole. Just like real life, there are chances that you'd meet some cool random people. But the chances are much greater that you'd meet a D-bag. So again, just like real life, it's better to hang and play with your friends and people that you're sure about.

The scary thing is that these D-bags also have one vote like me and you.
Yeah...what sucks is that XBL is like online forums (and the internet in general). I can get up in your face if you act a fool in real life (not that I condone fighting one bit, I find it stupid for adults to fight). Online there's no repercussions for what you say. It's a problem for forums, the internet in general, and online gaming forever. People act differently, with more bravado, when they know they're not going to get called on what they say.

I could walk into downtown Harlem like Bruce Willis in Die Hard 3 with that sign on, and I'd get my *** beat or shot. Say that on XBL, post it on an online forum, etc and nothing happens. A forum may ban you, XBL theoretically could, but that's it.

There's sadly no solution except just try and avoid these people (like most of us do in real life anyways).

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »