Home

Thinking about selling my 360 and getting a Wii...

This is a discussion on Thinking about selling my 360 and getting a Wii... within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2008, 04:27 PM   #9
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Thinking about selling my 360 and getting a Wii...

Are the old games free downloads? I'd imagine they aren't.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 03-12-2008, 04:28 PM   #10
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Well, again I'm not as hardcore as most posters here. I have one game left that I'll play on 360. My 360 will pretty much collect dust from October-Feb each year.
I'm not as Hard Core like I was, not by choice, just don't have the time, take it ME of all people, don't do it, I think ou will regret it. I never owned a wii, wanted one, played one but never bought it. I say stick with at least a 360 or PS3, get a Wii for a second console.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 03-12-2008, 04:29 PM   #11
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Are the old games free downloads? I'd imagine they aren't.
No, NES games are $5, and it goes up from there.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #12
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I'm not as Hard Core like I was, not by choice, just don't have the time, take it ME of all people, don't do it, I think ou will regret it. I never owned a wii, wanted one, played one but never bought it. I say stick with at least a 360 or PS3, get a Wii for a second console.
Why? If he says his favorite game is Mario Kart, his girlfriend wants to have one, and he already knows it'll be a big hit, why not get it? If he's not that hardcore into any of the sports games, the only real game he'll ever miss is The Show, which he can't get now as it is.

If it's just graphics you're talking about, then that's a personal decision, I could care less how great it looks if it's fun to play. Sure, graphics are great to have, but I'd take the Wii over the other 2 any day of the week.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 03-12-2008, 04:33 PM   #13
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

I personally wouldn't have the Wii as my main console but it sounds like you don't play that much anyway. My gf has the Wii and absolutely loves...she barely lets me play lol. Zelda, Mario Party, Mario Kart, Super Mario Galaxy, and Smash Bro.'s are just a couple of games to look into. That said, make sure you can deal with not having a quality sports game besides Power Pro's.

Plus, you can buy GameCube games and play in on the Wii as well...so all those Mario's, Mario Party's, Star Wars games, Metroid's, etc. are all playable as well.

I'd say if you have enough money, sell most of your 360 stuff but not the actually 360 just in case you want to go back to it, because you'll never know when/IF 2k pulls their head out and actually puts out a great baseball game. And you'll never know if there is a game for the 360 that you never thought you'd get but end up getting and really enjoying the hell out of it. Good luck.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:35 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I don't really have fun with the Wii. bought it for my daughter for Christmas and other than when it was first bought and the few times she has wanted to play, I have had no interest in turning it on.

I will probably get Mario Kart though...For me as of now, it was a waste.

But I really only like shooters and sports games, (and really just MP) so...
Old 03-12-2008, 04:35 PM   #15
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Why? If he says his favorite game is Mario Kart, his girlfriend wants to have one, and he already knows it'll be a big hit, why not get it? If he's not that hardcore into any of the sports games, the only real game he'll ever miss is The Show, which he can't get now as it is.

If it's just graphics you're talking about, then that's a personal decision, I could care less how great it looks if it's fun to play. Sure, graphics are great to have, but I'd take the Wii over the other 2 any day of the week.
point taken, but IMO as a second console, I'm not huge into gaming and sports gaming Like I used to be. I have the Show too, and I haven' played as much as I thought I would, My girl also wants me to get the Wii, we played it together at her cousins house many times, and yes the Wii is fun. I just wouldn't give up one of those two systems for the Wii, I had nothing at one pint last year for about 3 months, I thought I was done with gaming, but when all the new sports were being shown and other good games, I was like damn I shouldn't have have got rid of my system. Plus I can't stay away from OS much at all ,so when I'm here seeing us guys talk about the new upcoming game and I had no 360 or PS3, It sux more then you know.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2008, 05:17 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

This is all crazy talk. Let me put it this way, if you end up marrying this chick, Video Games are going to be your only get away, and now you are going to be stuck playing carnival games with her when all you really want to do is get away from the chick and play some good old college hoops or football. Besides that, you're a slider addict, yes, I am too. Hello my name is Fist, and I suffer from Compulsive Slider Disorder. Come July while I'm testing sliders and reporting back on NCAA 09, you'll be driving around some Gorilla on a little clown car "screaming Weee this is fun" while trying to beat your girlfriend who is passing you as Princess Strawberry. Think about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »