Home

Can you beileve the trade in value of some things? (Gamestop/EBGames related)

This is a discussion on Can you beileve the trade in value of some things? (Gamestop/EBGames related) within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2008, 10:33 PM   #9
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Can you beileve the trade in value of some things? (Gamestop/EBGames related)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
But if you just bought it and never opened it and I would think you had your receipt why wouldn't you get a refund?
i don't think most will take a new game without a receipt. at least not the gamestop by my apartment.
something about not wanting to encourage stealing...i think b/c they don't want to give a decent trade-in value.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:35 PM   #10
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Can you beileve the trade in value of some things? (Gamestop/EBGames related)

This is how they stay in business. You trade in a game for $30 and they sell it for $55. Or some games are $1 trade in and they sell for 8.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:47 PM   #11
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

I've recently started my own business and after I go from strictly online to a combination of local/online I might be interested in buying used games that are in near perfect condition (little to no scratches) and I'll give more than gamestop or EB.

If this is soliciting, my apologies... just throwing it out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2008, 11:58 PM   #12

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Your not possibly the owner of the swapyourgames.com website are you? I tried to partner with that guy to get distribution centers on both the east coast and the west coast since at the time he was strictly on the east coast and he never responded to me at all, which sucked since I think it would have really boosted sales and profit.

On a side note, imagine the money you could make just by hanging out in front of a game store and offering cash to people for their games before they go in to trade things in. If someone will buy a game and accept nothing for it then I should be the one giving them nothing for it.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:59 AM   #13
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
Your not possibly the owner of the swapyourgames.com website are you? I tried to partner with that guy to get distribution centers on both the east coast and the west coast since at the time he was strictly on the east coast and he never responded to me at all, which sucked since I think it would have really boosted sales and profit.

On a side note, imagine the money you could make just by hanging out in front of a game store and offering cash to people for their games before they go in to trade things in. If someone will buy a game and accept nothing for it then I should be the one giving them nothing for it.
No that's not me. lol
Old 03-21-2008, 01:02 AM   #14
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

thanks for the responses guys! seriously though i think I'm more or less through with trading games in...
Old 03-21-2008, 01:28 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

I've found Blockbuster to be the best store. I traded in College Hoops 2k7 around the time 2k8 came out and I was shocked to get ~$15. Gamestop might have given me $5 for it and then sold it for $30.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2008, 02:47 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

I donated a ton of older games (about 100, plus a Saturn and a PS1) to a local children's hospital for nothing. I probably could have made about $300 at EB, but knowing that they'd turn around and sell it all for $1000+ made me determined not to give them my business.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »