Home

Can you beileve the trade in value of some things? (Gamestop/EBGames related)

This is a discussion on Can you beileve the trade in value of some things? (Gamestop/EBGames related) within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2008, 06:41 PM   #1
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Can you beileve the trade in value of some things? (Gamestop/EBGames related)

I understand maybe a little more than half but man?
Yikes.
example:

PlaystationEYE(PS3) Bought at 39.99 trade in value 12.00
Pro Evolution soccer 2008 (PS3) Bought at 49.99 trade in 17.00

Guys it's time we REALLY think about WHAT we wannna keep and buy in the first place.

Next up is GTA4 for me but i tell ya on a whim I'm a tradeaholic..LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2008, 06:52 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.
Re: Can you beileve the trade in value of some things? (Gamestop/EBGames related)

Value will only get worst because people are WILLING to trade in their 1 1/2 month old game for chump change. You know what my parents would say if I asked them to exchange a game that they bought for $50 for only $10?

Nothing. Cause they'd be too busy kicking the living crap out of me.

Kids (and adults) are spoiled these days.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Can you beileve the trade in value of some things? (Gamestop/EBGames related)

I always wondered why the value dropped so much. I remember when I was buying Madden 05 for the PS2 and I asked the guy how much could I get for trading it in if I didn't like it. He said about $15. So I asked him what if I bought it but never played it or opened it, he still said $15.

So that means if I buy something, and try to trade it right back to the cashier I just bought it from, I would get $15? And I payed $50?

I never understood that, and still don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:39 PM   #4
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

they can do it because people, especially younger people, will accept those prices. Not only does ebgames offer you garbage prices for games, but they also give it to you entirely in store credit, meaning you buy the next game from them too. What a racket that I wish I had invented.

I bought Doom 3 for the xbox brand new, and beat it in a day. It sucked anyways, so I wanted something else. So of course I went to trade it in, got crap for it, and put it towards buying God of War. I probably could have got only a few bucks under retail for it if I had taken the time to sell it on ebay, but I went for the convenience of selling it in gamestop. Now I sell everything on ebay or craigslist, you get a better deal in the end.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:49 PM   #5
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Sell it on EBay or Half.com.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2008, 08:22 PM   #6
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Sell it on EBay or Half.com.
Yup, I sell my games on Half.com and, surprisingly, I always end up getting right around 50% of the retail price unless I rush through a brand new game, then you can get closer to 2/3 of the retail price.

As others have stated, stores give crap for trade-in value because people will accept it, why would a store give you a fair $25-$30 for a game when they know people will accept $15? They used to be reasonable but probably about 4-5 years ago they started realizing they could completely rip people off and they'd still get just as many trade-ins.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #7
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic
I always wondered why the value dropped so much. I remember when I was buying Madden 05 for the PS2 and I asked the guy how much could I get for trading it in if I didn't like it. He said about $15. So I asked him what if I bought it but never played it or opened it, he still said $15.

So that means if I buy something, and try to trade it right back to the cashier I just bought it from, I would get $15? And I payed $50?

I never understood that, and still don't.
FYI, the instant after you buy a car it's not worth what you paid for it...So if you buy a car, then instantly try to trade it to the cashier, you wouldn't get what you paid...
Old 03-20-2008, 10:01 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic
So I asked him what if I bought it but never played it or opened it, he still said $15.

But if you just bought it and never opened it and I would think you had your receipt why wouldn't you get a refund?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »