Home

Off topic: HDMI

This is a discussion on Off topic: HDMI within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2008, 05:08 PM   #1
Rookie

Bucksin06's Arena

OVR: 5
Question Off topic: HDMI

I found out that you don't get an HD cable along with the ps3 in box...for those of u that have one...where can i get the best deal from
thanks
bucks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
Pro

spitoon's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Off topic: HDMI

monoprice.com has the absolute best prices...

If you don't want to order on-line, I'd just go somewhere like Wal-Mart. Failing that you could buy one from your local Best Buy, but if you go there look for a generic brand. There is absolutely no need to spend big $ on a name brand cable (like Monster) from an electronics retailer.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:25 PM   #3
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
If you don't want to order on-line, I'd just go somewhere like Wal-Mart. Failing that you could buy one from your local Best Buy, but if you go there look for a generic brand. There is absolutely no need to spend big $ on a name brand cable (like Monster) from an electronics retailer.
this is so true.. it's not like speaker wire. do NOT buy one of the more expensive HDMI cables that salesmen in the store try to sell you. You can find cheap HDMI cables online that do the same exact thing.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:30 PM   #4
Rookie

raskal67's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitoon
monoprice.com has the absolute best prices...

What he said. HDMI cables either work or don't. Don't pay for hype just buy the cheapest at the length you need.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:32 PM   #5
MVP

sbauer318's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeee
this is so true.. it's not like speaker wire. do NOT buy one of the more expensive HDMI cables that salesmen in the store try to sell you. You can find cheap HDMI cables online that do the same exact thing.
I was in Best Buy and this sales person was selling a $120 Monster Cable to some customer. When the sales person walked away, I said to the guy, "You don't need that. Save yourself at least $80 and buy it online. " I got four cables for less than that one. They just make customers believe that they need them. It's a pure digital cable. The garbage they promote doesn't make that much of a difference.
NFL: Baltimore Ravens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2008, 05:49 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucksin06
I found out that you don't get an HD cable along with the ps3 in box...for those of u that have one...where can i get the best deal from
thanks
bucks
go to walmart and get a cheap 29-39 dollar HDMI cable...Don't be fooled into spending lots of money for something thats good no matter what price ya pay
Old 03-21-2008, 06:00 PM   #7
Pro

Shamrock_11's Arena

OVR: 6

I got my hdmi cable at radio shack. $40 for a six foot hdmi to dvi cable. works perfectly connected to my 20 inch LDC monitor.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:13 PM   #8
Rookie

Bucksin06's Arena

OVR: 5

that one on monoprice.com sounds good to me as long as it works
..does the length really matter?.....its just right next to where I plug in the component cords

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »