Home

Sold 360, Need Help

This is a discussion on Sold 360, Need Help within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2008, 01:32 AM   #1
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31
Sold 360, Need Help

I sold my 360 and everything I have for it. I need to clear everything including credit card stuff and my ID. how do I get rid of everything?

I also need to turn off live, I know I need to call them, but what info do I need handy?

Last edited by jpup; 04-25-2008 at 01:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2008, 01:47 AM   #2
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: Sold 360, Need Help

Just reformat the HDD. It will ask you for the serial number on the back of the box.

As far as calling them, it is random. Sometimes they;ll ask you for address, or something else. Once I didn't get asked anything when I was calling about my account.

Going solely PS3 from here on out?
Old 04-25-2008, 02:03 AM   #3
MVP

jpup's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus GTR
Just reformat the HDD. It will ask you for the serial number on the back of the box.

As far as calling them, it is random. Sometimes they;ll ask you for address, or something else. Once I didn't get asked anything when I was calling about my account.

Going solely PS3 from here on out?
Yeah, I can't see a reason to do anything else. I haven't turned on my 360 since I moved into my new house in December. I don't see anything coming that would make me regret it. I know Live is great, but I'm not much for online gaming anyway. I think I will miss the achievements, as oddly as that sounds.

No games really excite me anymore. I play The Show and that's about it. I might pick up GTA IV if it turns out to be a good game. I do love the HV Bowling on PS3. It's baseball season and I watch, at least, 2 games everyday (Reds and Yankees). That takes up my gaming time. I also just bought a new ZTR mower that I need to pay for, so the money helps too.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:15 AM   #4

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
Yeah, I can't see a reason to do anything else. I haven't turned on my 360 since I moved into my new house in December. I don't see anything coming that would make me regret it. I know Live is great, but I'm not much for online gaming anyway. I think I will miss the achievements, as oddly as that sounds.

No games really excite me anymore. I play The Show and that's about it. I might pick up GTA IV if it turns out to be a good game. I do love the HV Bowling on PS3. It's baseball season and I watch, at least, 2 games everyday (Reds and Yankees). That takes up my gaming time. I also just bought a new ZTR mower that I need to pay for, so the money helps too.
Same here, I find the achievements as one of the few reasons I actually still have my 360, as well as Fable 2 and Splinter Cell being the others. Hopefully you dont live to regret it.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:53 AM   #5
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm not sure what the deal is with achievements, When I had my 360 I didn't pat any mind to them, I mean do you win something or get free stuff if you have a lot of achievements, if not, then whats the big deal?
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2008, 10:10 AM   #6
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I sold my 360 and everything I have for it. I need to clear everything including credit card stuff and my ID. how do I get rid of everything?

I also need to turn off live, I know I need to call them, but what info do I need handy?
yeah, a quick format erases everything. Your Live account is password protected anyways, so people can't get in even if they know the GT.

As for talking with MS to cancel Live, it can be annoying. I talked with an Indian guy who said it was done and even gave me a reference number. Turned out it didn't get cut off and I got charged when it auto renewed. Had to call again to get it done, and then said I get no refund. You also have to deal with people asking why you're leaving, etc.

Last edited by bkfount; 04-25-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:31 PM   #7
MVP

jpup's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I'm not sure what the deal is with achievements, When I had my 360 I didn't pat any mind to them, I mean do you win something or get free stuff if you have a lot of achievements, if not, then whats the big deal?
I didn't really even have a lot, but it was fun trying to get them. I think it actually gives you incentive to play the games in different ways.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:12 PM   #8
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
I didn't really even have a lot, but it was fun trying to get them. I think it actually gives you incentive to play the games in different ways.
Gotcha.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »