Home

April NPD

This is a discussion on April NPD within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2008, 10:54 AM   #33
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: April NPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
The Wii is next gen, yeah it doesn't have the best graphics in the world, and is not on par with MS and PS with the graphics, but the bottom line is, the Wii is some damn more FUN to play then the 360 or the PS3. Fun will beat graphics any day.
My girlfriend was at a friend's house yesterday (prom night for the kids) - she calls me and I hear all this laughing in the background. She said after the older kids left for the prom, one of the parents pulled out the Wii to show it to a few others and somehow a Wii party broke out. And of course she's saying how we have to get one and how much fun it is to bowl. Then this morning the Today Show had a segment on the Wii Fit and it looked like they were all having a ball playing it. I don't see it's appeal waning anytime because it seems to appeal to people that aren't even casual gamers - it's just a fun device that young and old can enjoy. It's funny that while everyone on the net was geeking out/talking up the specs on the PS3 or 360 Nintendo ended up making the most practical choice and it's paid off many times over. Hard to say what it'll mean for innovation going forward though

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 05-16-2008, 10:59 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
The demand is for the Wii because Nintendo does great marketing for it!
No, the demand for it is because people like it. How are most Wii sales made? They are from people who have played the Wii at a friends or relatives house and fall in love with it. That has nothing to do with Nintendo's marketing.

Quote:
Also fact, its not a Next-Gen console, that was my point.
No, that would be a lie, not fact.

Quote:
Nothing is Next-Gen about Wii
Are you sure you even have a Wii?
Old 05-16-2008, 11:01 AM   #35
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

The Wii is a truly Next-Generation console. IT's the only console moving forward from the mundane updates that we get year in and year out. Though it's not a vastly "new" idea, it's a new concept of playing games. Heck, it's closer to virtual reality which might have a lot of people so attracted to it. Movement that you do equals movement seen on television. It's that infatuation that is selling that system I think. I'm glad Nintendo is still in the race. I just hope they stay in for a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2008, 11:06 AM   #36
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Nintendo owns gaming right now.

Wii's are being played by people who would never touch a videogame. My Mom will play the Wii. Friends of mine who have no interest in gaming, have purchased Wii's after playing it at my house.

I see older, executive types on airplanes during my traveling playing on a DS. I see friends mother's playing with a DS.

They have made gaming easy and less complicated. They have allowed the people who feared a thousand buttons to play games. And these people don't care about graphics, they care about having fun. The Wii and DS are the definition of gaming in many people's minds right now.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 05-16-2008, 11:46 AM   #37
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

^ truth
Old 05-16-2008, 01:27 PM   #38
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaGenecyst
I nearly coughed up a lung after laughing so hard at that.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:55 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus GTR
To show the difference in graphics?

Calling the Wii not in this race doesn't make sense. And saying because it doesn't have a high rated GPU isn't valid.

Ask yourself this question BS, do better graphics equal better games? Have we seen it? Do Madden, NCAA, have more features and play better on the PS2, PSP, PC?

Better graphics doesn't equal next gen. New ideas and things that haven't been done before equal next gen. What Nintendo does no one does. PS replicated, sucks. I'm sure 360s effort won't be much better. People interested in that know where to go. Wii Fit, Wii gun, Nintendo has the best ideas when it comes to accessories and new things.

What have MS and PS done? Has the AI improved to ground breaking fields? Everything so far has been pretty much the same as last generation except for a few titles that have shined.

Everyone was wrong that this generation was going to be the true HD generation.

Many games aren't even made in true HD format. Halo, COD 4 for examples.
You quoted the wrong person. I have not argued those points you bring up. I'm actually in full agreement here.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:10 PM   #40
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
You quoted the wrong person. I have not argued those points you bring up. I'm actually in full agreement here.
Yeah my response was to BS but I quoted you because you had asked why the pics are for. I just found it weird that he included pics just to point the difference in graphics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »