Home

Why game with the PS3 when you can hack

This is a discussion on Why game with the PS3 when you can hack within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #9
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Why game with the PS3 when you can hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus GTR
It wasn't suppose to. The thread was to show the power of the Cell processor that the PS3 has.

It was to show all the other uses the PS3 is being used for other than gaming.
Very true....

the ps3 is more so a machine that I beleive will not see it's use tapped until about 2 years from now.

unfortunately it's archaic. developers are TOO used to NOT using open gl anymore for anything other than maybe old tech when it can be used for so much more than Wii stuff etc currently.

i have to say that when I see games that changed (madden 09 ncaa 09) graphically that are multi platform i find that it was because they couldn't get the ps3 to run what they've done earlier on the 360 so they change it up by using the 360?pc methods on the ps3 and thus have results that come out sub par because they just want it to look run the same on both.

i will continue to say that IF GTA4 was single platform for the PS3 it would have been immense in Rockstar's hands...We would of had more places to go inside etc.

I am VERY curious to see NOT MGS4 but FF12. That will be the true test of the ps3.....
Old 05-25-2008, 03:49 PM   #10
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
^^^^^ Well, he did need 8 working together. That's still impressive.

Next obvious question is how many 360's it would take?
The trick would be to find at least 8 360's that worked in some reliable fashion.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:58 PM   #11
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
The trick would be to find at least 8 360's that worked in some reliable fashion.
LOL I think more the point is the PS3 allows you to install Linux so you can do things...the 360 is solely gaming
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2008, 04:27 PM   #12
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Well the Cell Processor blows the Xenon Processor away which is why everyone is interested in the PS3 because the chip is powerful and comes very cheap with the PS3.

Thing is, we haven't seen it much in gaming on the PS3 except for Uncharted which is amazing.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:57 PM   #13
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus GTR
Well the Cell Processor blows the Xenon Processor away which is why everyone is interested in the PS3 because the chip is powerful and comes very cheap with the PS3.

Thing is, we haven't seen it much in gaming on the PS3 except for Uncharted which is amazing.
I thought that ratchet and Clank used the ps3's power very nicely and SCEA are doing magical things with MLB 08 the Show. I'm just wondering how far can they go with one thing without touching what made anything else good already...

I have yet to see sacrifcing solely ON the PS3 whweras I've now seen sacrificing on the the ps3 thanks to the 360 (madden 08)
Old 05-25-2008, 06:02 PM   #14
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321
I thought that ratchet and Clank used the ps3's power very nicely and SCEA are doing magical things with MLB 08 the Show. I'm just wondering how far can they go with one thing without touching what made anything else good already...

I have yet to see sacrifcing solely ON the PS3 whweras I've now seen sacrificing on the the ps3 thanks to the 360 (madden 08)
The biggest issue that caused that was the RAM. On the 360 it is 512MB shared where as on the PS3 is 256MB for the GPU and CPU each. When you port over, this causes the biggest problems since the make up is completely different. Earlier developers removed textures, slowed the frame rate instead of reworking the code. Today that has changed since there are more PS3s out there.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:54 AM   #15
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

Here is a relatively easy way to turn a PS3 into a full-on PC-
http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...o/4263321.html
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »