Home

PSN ID's are now live for online perusing

This is a discussion on PSN ID's are now live for online perusing within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2008, 01:22 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
PSN ID's are now live for online perusing

sign in and you will see a little link id button next to your name. follow the instructions. Word of caution, IE is having error problems, so I suggest you use firefox. You can also view your friendsl list as well.

http://www.us.playstation.com/

http://pid.us.playstation.com//user/backbreaker65.jpg

Last edited by backbreaker; 07-14-2008 at 01:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 02:23 AM   #2
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: PSN ID's are now live for online perusing

Cool

Old 07-14-2008, 02:50 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14

can you send a message via online website?
Vic: Well, in one, one girl wins. In the other....
Kenny: Everyone wins?!?!

Captain Tenneal: Get it on!
Old 07-14-2008, 04:25 AM   #4
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

It's a start.

You can see what your friend is doing and see when he was last online but no messaging yet.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:40 AM   #5

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Apparently Im an idiot because it isnt working at all. I log in and click on "Link Your ID's today" and then I get to another page where it would show it I assume but instead it says "Portable ID" and when you click on that, I assume to link them, it goes to a page telling you how to do it, but it never prompts me to sign in or do anything that would allow me to link my PSN ID. I swear, everything Sony does seems to give someone problems from the start, damn annoying.

EDIT- Well now Im getting the following message constantly now that I found the area to sign in for the Network ID..."There was an error trying to authenticate you.
Please try again." Again, is there anything Sony does with their systems that actually works with the first try? They pulled the latest update, which included things that should been included within the setup from the start, now they release this and its having problems, and Im not going to get started on the other irritations that seem to plague Sony every time I turn around.

To add salt to the wound, I tried to use IE instead of Firefox and the password that worked on Firefox, exact same one, is suddenly coming up invalid, unbelievable. ****, Sony is a giant pain in the ***.

Last edited by The Chef; 07-14-2008 at 04:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 06:17 AM   #6
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15

Yea, I'm able to link my IDs but then I can't do much after that. It keeps telling me to link my ID, even though I've done it.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:32 AM   #7
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
Apparently Im an idiot because it isnt working at all. I log in and click on "Link Your ID's today" and then I get to another page where it would show it I assume but instead it says "Portable ID" and when you click on that, I assume to link them, it goes to a page telling you how to do it, but it never prompts me to sign in or do anything that would allow me to link my PSN ID. I swear, everything Sony does seems to give someone problems from the start, damn annoying.

EDIT- Well now Im getting the following message constantly now that I found the area to sign in for the Network ID..."There was an error trying to authenticate you.
Please try again." Again, is there anything Sony does with their systems that actually works with the first try? They pulled the latest update, which included things that should been included within the setup from the start, now they release this and its having problems, and Im not going to get started on the other irritations that seem to plague Sony every time I turn around.

To add salt to the wound, I tried to use IE instead of Firefox and the password that worked on Firefox, exact same one, is suddenly coming up invalid, unbelievable. ****, Sony is a giant pain in the ***.
I get the same, it's a giant circle. It says I'm linked, I click to get the HTML, I have to log in again and then I'm back where I just was.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 07-14-2008, 06:44 AM   #8

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Well Im glad Im not the only one seeing this, its just irritating when they release something and its supposed to add to the enjoyment of gaming and within hours its either been pulled so it can be fixed, ie. 2.40, or it just plain doesnt work. This entire thing reminds me of the troubles I had with GTA IV and their Social Club in the beginning, that was a nightmare and hopefully this doesnt get quite as bad as that did.

EDIT- Finally got it to work just now. Stupid question Im sure, but you guys posted your ID card without the ability for others to click on it, if that makes sense, when I copy the html and put it here it seems to let people click on it, is there a way to not allow people to click on it or is it just that way for me since I posted it? Like I said, Im sure its a stupid question but thats why I attached it instead so I figured I would ask since I wasnt sure.

Last edited by The Chef; 07-14-2008 at 07:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »