Home

Linking PSN ID w/ Playstation Underground Acct?

This is a discussion on Linking PSN ID w/ Playstation Underground Acct? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2008, 10:19 AM   #1
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Linking PSN ID w/ Playstation Underground Acct?

Last night after having the the same PSN ID since the PS3 released on launch, I created 2 sub accounts. By mistake I changed the email address on the master account and placed it on one of the accounts that I created. It broke the link on PSU with the PSN ID. I added a different email address on the second sub account since I don't want that one anymore, but kept the first account which I gave it a different email address. Then I placed the original email address that I signed up with back on to the master account.

I can login to PSU with both accounts, but can't link either account with their own PSN ID to also create my avatar/gamercard.

I called Sony support this morning twice and I was told that I need to restore my system default settings. Is this true? That will wipe out everything.

If anyone can help, that would be great.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: Linking PSN ID w/ Playstation Underground Acct?

Jigsaw/Metropolis/Candyman/Genosis

I don't think wiping out the PS3's HDD will do it, you'll probably have to create a new account with a new email to fix it all.

Other than that, unless it catches up with itself in a few days, not really sure how else to do it. Still don't understand why Sony couldn't have let people just change their usernames on PSN instead of always having to make a new account.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 07-28-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Your best bet will probably be closing the old Underground account and creating a new and linking it; or you might not want to delete the old account at all.

Why did you create sub accounts instead of creating a new Master account all together?
Old 07-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #4
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Jigsaw/Metropolis/Candyman/Genosis

I don't think wiping out the PS3's HDD will do it, you'll probably have to create a new account with a new email to fix it all.

Other than that, unless it catches up with itself in a few days, not really sure how else to do it. Still don't understand why Sony couldn't have let people just change their usernames on PSN instead of always having to make a new account.
LOL! You forgot RockyBalboa too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR7
Your best bet will probably be closing the old Underground account and creating a new and linking it; or you might not want to delete the old account at all.

Why did you create sub accounts instead of creating a new Master account all together?
I finally fixed it this morning with one of my email addresses. I just wish Sony charged you a few bucks like MS to change your account name. It would have been so much easier. I created a sub account because my Master account has DLC on it that I don't want to lose. I was reading the best way to do it is by just creating a sub account and then it still allows all the sub accounts to play and gain trophies with the DLC. Now game saves is another thing that I will need to transfer over. Adding your friends list is a big B if you ask me, they need to get the interface to be more robust with the Underground account.

Should I have done this another way?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »