Home

Turtle Beach X4 Headphones

This is a discussion on Turtle Beach X4 Headphones within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2009, 09:02 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Turtle Beach X4 Headphones

That'll be messy. The A40 mixamp will have enough wires itself and you'll be adding a separate wire for the headphones and microphone. Hope it works out well.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #58
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Turtle Beach X4 Headphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
That'll be messy. The A40 mixamp will have enough wires itself and you'll be adding a separate wire for the headphones and microphone. Hope it works out well.
Well, I haven't gotten the mixamp as of yet. I'm only going to play the headphones through the receiver which I hear would give me more bang for the buck. Bought them off of Amazon too. I'm also getting them for movies and television. If I decide to pull the trigger again for the basketball season, I'll be able to listen to it while my wife and child are asleep. I was in the thread at avs talking about the headphones. Basically reinforced my thoughts on wired>wireless for quality of sound. My wife isn't too fond that I got wired. I'm more into the quality personally.

I'd advise anyone who is really still thinking about getting a wonderful setup read the thread over at avs. It's incredibly long but very informative. By the time you finish reading, the set you want will have dropped in price enough for you to feel the justification. I will put in there that I wanted to use the headphones not only for gaming but also for playing the piano late at night and other activities like that. Flexibility. If I get a PS3 eventually, I'll already be setup to enjoy that also....whenever I decide to get the mixamp.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...94251&page=293

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »