Home

Rechargable Battery Pack for 360 Problem

This is a discussion on Rechargable Battery Pack for 360 Problem within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2008, 12:03 PM   #1
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24
Rechargable Battery Pack for 360 Problem

Simple problem really, it doesn't stay charged for very long at all anymore. I can have it fully charged and it be dead in 2 hours, and sometimes I'll charge it at night and plug it into my controller, then try to play the next day and it's dead.

The thing is I don't know if it's the battery itself or the charger isn't charging it. Should I just go get another battery thing, or get the full kit again?

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2008, 12:11 PM   #2
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Rechargable Battery Pack for 360 Problem

Mine is doing the same thing. I guess it just won't charge anymore. I have gone back to using batteries.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:31 PM   #3
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

Wonder if it is an issue.. I have one of those "quick charge" kits that I plug my other rechargeable batteries into. I've noticed they do not stay as long as they used to myself.

On a somewhat related note, my buddy is having an issue with his wireless headset. Problem is - the battery is not recharging. Apparently after several attempts to call MS, he was told by a "supervisor" (I'll save you the details why he went that high) that it could be related to OVERCHARGING.

Now no where in any MS literature does it warn against "overcharging" -- usually against "undercharging", which shortens the batter power.

Don't know if this is a "hidden" MS issue.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:00 PM   #4
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

I have 2 batteries, one I got more recently, the other my original. The original doesn't hold anywhere near as long a charge as the other one, and I usually have one sitting in the P&C dock while the other's in the controller. I think just over time these batteries start to lose their charge.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:34 PM   #5
MVP

SqueakyD's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I have 2 batteries, one I got more recently, the other my original. The original doesn't hold anywhere near as long a charge as the other one, and I usually have one sitting in the P&C dock while the other's in the controller. I think just over time these batteries start to lose their charge.
Yep, rechargeables tend to die out the more you use/recharge 'em. Same thing happens with my rechargable AA/AAA batteries, but it seems that the 360 battery packs are pretty bad, if not worse than regular rechargable batteries. I'd just buy a new battery pack, cubsfan. Maybe you can use the 2x AA case that comes with the controller and buy brand name rechargable AA batteries instead of using the mircosoft battery packs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2008, 03:25 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 21

My wireless controllers will be "wired' controllers until I buy new batteries... they just can't hold a charge anymore lol
Old 12-02-2008, 03:34 PM   #7
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaGenecyst
My wireless controllers will be "wired' controllers until I buy new batteries... they just can't hold a charge anymore lol
I was totally considering buying one of those stations, until now. lol
Old 12-02-2008, 05:13 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
Simple problem really, it doesn't stay charged for very long at all anymore. I can have it fully charged and it be dead in 2 hours, and sometimes I'll charge it at night and plug it into my controller, then try to play the next day and it's dead.

The thing is I don't know if it's the battery itself or the charger isn't charging it. Should I just go get another battery thing, or get the full kit again?
I am having the same problem as you. I am scared to even take it off the plug because it will say it's charged and then I unplug and in the middle of a game it will die and I end up being killed because of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »