Home

xbox 360 LIVE silver

This is a discussion on xbox 360 LIVE silver within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2009, 09:24 AM   #17
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: xbox 360 LIVE silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
No you can't,we're talking silver here. I couldn't get it with any EA games and only some 2K games. I know for a fact it's impossible for silver to get it with Madden because you have to get to the team select screen in an online game wich you're not getting to with silver.
Maybe you can't in Madden, but in NCAA, 2K, and every other sports game they have the locker feature, which I know for a fact is available for silver.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 01-11-2009, 11:20 AM   #18
MVP

MillardMavs's Arena

OVR: 24

so can I or can't I get rosters?
Old 01-11-2009, 04:36 PM   #19
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I couldn't in NBA Live 07,NHL 07 or 08 and based on the PS3 version I assume it's not possible in 09 either (had to start an online game),MLB 2K7,NBA 2K7 and none of the Maddens obviously. I could get them in NBA 2K8 and The Bigs so that's 2/12. I also couldn't upload any vids in NCAA 07 or use any of the ESPN features in Live 07.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:38 PM   #20
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I couldn't in NBA Live 07,NHL 07 or 08 and based on the PS3 version I assume it's not possible in 09 either (had to start an online game),MLB 2K7,NBA 2K7 and none of the Maddens obviously. I could get them in NBA 2K8 and The Bigs so that's 2/12. I also couldn't upload any vids in NCAA 07 or use any of the ESPN features in Live 07.
Well, The Bigs never had roster updates. I can't tell you about games from 2 years ago, but every game this year I had no issues when using a silver account getting the rosters I needed.

I still don't see why people, who know Live is $50 a year for Gold, still complain about it. We're talking 4 bucks a month.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 01-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #21
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Well, The Bigs never had roster updates. I can't tell you about games from 2 years ago, but every game this year I had no issues when using a silver account getting the rosters I needed.

I still don't see why people, who know Live is $50 a year for Gold, still complain about it. We're talking 4 bucks a month.
Yeah, I used to be one of the ones that bitched about having to pay for XBL, but really when you break it down it's not much and XBL is very reliable. I look at it like I'm investing a small amount in my games that I own and for games like APF that are more than a year old, I'm increasing their replay value by playing online, so the fee, I feel, pays for itself over time.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2009, 01:51 AM   #22
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

The Bigs did have roster updates. It's in one of the online options menus.

Star Wars Force Unleashed is on sale for $50,I hated the demo,I'd never play it,I can get a better or equal expirence out of something I already have but hey it's only $4 a month so I'll go out and buy it anyway. (And actually we're still getting ripped on that too here in Canada,XBL Gold is $60)
Old 01-12-2009, 05:11 AM   #23
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
The Bigs did have roster updates. It's in one of the online options menus.

Star Wars Force Unleashed is on sale for $50,I hated the demo,I'd never play it,I can get a better or equal expirence out of something I already have but hey it's only $4 a month so I'll go out and buy it anyway. (And actually we're still getting ripped on that too here in Canada,XBL Gold is $60)
Well, I have Gold, and had The Bigs, never got a roster update. Don't know what to tell you.

It would be different if I heard you complaining about Star Wars, but I don't see that. I see you complaining about XBL Gold all the time. That does suck that you are getting charged $60 in Canada, but that's still less than $1 more a month, and making it exactly $5 a month.

I'm just saying, it's not like XBL Gold is expensive, yet everyone complains on here all the time. Yeah, PSN is free, but I had a PS3 and PSN sucks. I could never get into games with friends, no cross game voice chat, etc. I know it's getting better, but 2 years on the market, it should.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 01-12-2009, 06:34 AM   #24
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

You can get 13 month cards for 40 bucks anytime through Newegg and Buy.com and Wal-Mart have been selling them for 30 bucks recently.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »