Home

PS3 vs Xbox

This is a discussion on PS3 vs Xbox within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 12:59 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 31
Re: PS3 vs Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
lol, I'd rather that PSN had something where it would do that automatically like XBox Live does, but oh well.
I'd have to guess that it's going to be on the way.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:46 AM   #10
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Had both, the PS3 was never played and didn't have the games I liked to play. Sold it, never even looked back.

I'm with Skyboxer on this one. Live and the exclusives keep me on the 360, not to mention my achievement whore status Adding to it, my wife is hooked on the 360 as well, getting achievements, and playing the XBLA games. She never even turned on the PS3.

But to each their own, just with limited time right now, I chose one system, and the 360 was it.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 01-20-2009, 08:43 AM   #11
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Had both, the PS3 was never played and didn't have the games I liked to play. Sold it, never even looked back.

I'm with Skyboxer on this one. Live and the exclusives keep me on the 360, not to mention my achievement whore status Adding to it, my wife is hooked on the 360 as well, getting achievements, and playing the XBLA games. She never even turned on the PS3.

But to each their own, just with limited time right now, I chose one system, and the 360 was it.
Haha, that's funny. If you literally replaced "wife" with "girlfriend" and "360" with "PS3", that would be my exact story.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2009, 08:55 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 14

Had a PS3 since 2006 and just got a 360 at Christmas. Have to say I havent really warmed up to the 360 yet. Maybe its the lack of games (dont have many games on 360 yet) but I have been playing the PS3 mostly. My son has been playing 360 and PS3 equally.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:01 AM   #13
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Haha, that's funny. If you literally replaced "wife" with "girlfriend" and "360" with "PS3", that would be my exact story.
Yeah, that's one good thing though. Besides a few exclusives on each system, this gen they are both practically the same, which leads me to whichever one comes out first next time, I'll get. I realized owning both was a losing situation since you really end up paying 300-400 bucks for a few games, know what I mean? Because we are comfortable with one or the other for whatever reasons...realiability, controller, online play, etc.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 01-20-2009, 09:50 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

For me, the main reason I went with the PS3 was it's backward compatibility, and the promise of The Show, MGS4, and at the time, FFXIII (this was almost 2 years ago). Obviously one of those reasons has now been lost, but the first two have made it more than worth it. And there have been plenty of great surprises that I've enjoyed as well - LBP, Valkyria, and Warhawk (when it was popular) to name a few.

Something else occured to me too though, just in the last year - I also have a gaming-worthy PC (at least for now). With that, I can still sometimes get the best of the 360's best without owning that system. Halo, Bioshock, Gears - All were released on the PC under the Games For Windows label. So for me it's kind of the best of both worlds (Bioshock and Mass Effect are the games I've done this with, so far)

Last edited by bcruise; 01-20-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:04 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 12

I would go with a PS3 for it's blu-ray capability and the fact that 360's have that nasty habit of the Red Ring of Death (heck, my roommate just sent his 2nd 360 off after it RROD'd)

On the plus side for the whole 360/RROD thing, at least Micrsoft admitted that it built a bad console and is fixing RROD's for free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2009, 11:22 AM   #16
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

I have both and prefer the PS3. But to each his own.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »