Home

PS3 vs Xbox

This is a discussion on PS3 vs Xbox within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 02:12 AM   #33
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: PS3 vs Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
I will Tell you this, Xbox live w/Netflix is as good as it gets on the Xbox. that Alone makes up for the PS3 Blue Ray Player.
I don't know if I'd go THAT far, haha. The picture quality is now where near the same.

I do see your point though.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:06 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 38

Just the facts I went thru 3 360s in 11 months plus I wanted a real baseball game .
Got The Show and a 40gb ps3 and never looked back
No pay online with PSN and the ps3 is much more the a game system wow it really does it all IMO
Old 01-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #35
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
I had a 360 since Launch and bought a PS3 for The Show. I must be in the minority cause My PS3 crashed twice and two xbox RROD( Difference is the PS3 actually had instore warranty so not a big deal). But a few months ago I decided to sell My ps3 and my 2.5 year old 360 Pro for a 360 Elite cause I figured my other Xbox was on borrowed time.
With My second RROD I did the Ole Switcheroo with a Wal-Mart Xbox. Voids the Warranty but eh.

I will Tell you this, Xbox live w/Netflix is as good as it gets on the Xbox. that Alone makes up for the PS3 Blue Ray Player.
I rather have free Blu ray Movies sitting on my HDD.. and getting them 2 weeks early before they hit the store.. than to pay to watch a stream.. that alone makes the ps3 worth it IMO.
MLB: New York Yankees

Last edited by Scoop 24; 01-25-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2009, 11:46 AM   #36
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop 24
I rather have free Blu ray Movies sitting on my HDD.. and getting them 2 weeks early before they hit the store.. than to pay to watch a stream.. that alone makes the ps3 worth it IMO.
Yeah, downloading illegal movies and bragging about it is much better than a free service.

Last talk of torrents period, only warning for everyone.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 01-25-2009, 04:25 PM   #37
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

own both a few difference times, but I love the PS3 and that is it. Nothing on the 360 interest's me one bit. As a whole, The PS3 does so many more things, plus the new photo program is very nice.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 01-25-2009, 05:17 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 14

xbox360 all the way better online gaming console period.
Vic: Well, in one, one girl wins. In the other....
Kenny: Everyone wins?!?!

Captain Tenneal: Get it on!
Old 01-25-2009, 10:58 PM   #39
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16

I have both but 360 is my main console for playing games.

PSN is free but you get what you pay for and Live is beyond better then PSN....that is not even a question

PS3 has a blu ray which is huge but in terms of gaming the ps3 just cant touch 360 and the sales of games and consoles speak volumes...people have spoken and if the ps3 was the better choice then it would have caught up to the 360 but it has not and it will never...

people also forget that a lot of the ps3 sales are due to blu ray...

tons of people buy the ps3 for the blu ray since it is the best one out and dont even game...

now imagine of the ps3 had no blu ray...i think it would be the death wish for ps3

I play my ps3 when the show comes out or exlusives...but other then that the 360 gets all the love...

also my new samsung lcd 46a650 has input lag on 720p and lower therefore unless the game on ps3 scales to 1080p i cant even play it on my tv without some input lag from the source

Here is hoping that the show is 1080p without the horrible frame drop from last year..

the 360 scales all games to 1080p which makes the hdmi 2 input on my tv display with no input lag....you have to rename it to pc and it removes the lag and you feel the difference in call of duty

but if the ps3 game cant do 1080p then the renaming of the hdmi to pc would not work and it will default back to regular contrast settings which give out input lag...

go to avs forums..they have a huge thread about it....with pictures to prove it...

and no you cannot just click on 1080p on the ps3 to make the game run at that level

if the game dont support it then it will go down to 480p

like madden 09
Old 01-26-2009, 04:36 AM   #40
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

I dont understand how people can say that the Xbox is better simply because of Xbox Live?? The majority of console owners don't even play on line so thats a moot point..

Also when you do play online you have the same complaints, such as people quitting on you, or people on your friends list not being on when you are, or wanting to play the same game.. So I guess I just dont understand the infatuation with the Xbox Live service... yeah sure its faster than PSN, but cmon... You still got cheesers, and quitters... And there are a ton of people that have been turned off to online gaming because of them so the Xbox Live vs PSN debate seems bogus to me..

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »