Home

PS3 Price Drop March 22, 2009??? Rumor..

This is a discussion on PS3 Price Drop March 22, 2009??? Rumor.. within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2009, 11:30 PM   #73
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: PS3 Price Drop March 22, 2009??? Rumor..

There was a price drop announced at GDC...

"Sony Cuts PS3

from $10,250 to $2,000

The debugging Reference Tool, that is. Yeah, $10,250 mazuma for one of those bad boys. Not to be confused with the debug units we in the press use to access non-retail review discs, these things look like brick houses (see pic at top) or the sidewise desktops we used to prop our CRTs on. The new ones apparently look just like regular PS3s."

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/...alks-pc-rules/
Old 03-25-2009, 07:48 AM   #74
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Well guys, Thank alot phhhhhhhh.. You did it...

I will be heading out to get a PS3 today at FULL PRICE.. Da#n all of you who told me this is so much more then a videogame machine and actually made sense that the 399 tag is fine. With that said I would like a little more advice. I want to go in a store and get my ps3. Who has the best extended warranty deal?? What store should I go where it will be hassle free if my Ps3 would crash??

I do really appreciate everyones advice. What a great site this is.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:14 AM   #75
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
Well guys, Thank alot phhhhhhhh.. You did it...

I will be heading out to get a PS3 today at FULL PRICE.. Da#n all of you who told me this is so much more then a videogame machine and actually made sense that the 399 tag is fine. With that said I would like a little more advice. I want to go in a store and get my ps3. Who has the best extended warranty deal?? What store should I go where it will be hassle free if my Ps3 would crash??

I do really appreciate everyones advice. What a great site this is.
Just buy it at Best Buy where you have 30 days price match guarantee if it drops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 10:34 AM   #76
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Yeah I bought mine at Best Buy and two different people said they would match the price drop if it happens in the next 30 days.

I need to go back soon and get the extended warranty.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:14 AM   #77
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

See my Dell PS3 deal in this forum. You can get it new from them:

$80 off for just the PS3 or what I did:
$100 off for the Drake bundle.

Both have free shipping and you can get an extended warranty from pretty much anyone.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:41 AM   #78
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I hear where your coming from, yeah the system was priced to high from jump street. but the $399 price tag now is just fine IMO, I mean the PS3 seems to get overlooked for what the system really is.

The system being a entire household entertainment power house is really not an understatement, thats is truly what it is. IN the end, the outside the box, customers really need see what the PS3 is all about, at first I didn't care, I just wanted to game, and that was all, until I decided to use the system for everything else it does, I can truly appreciate the system so much more.

From easy upgrading your HDD

Blu-Ray player

Muilti-media machine/pics/music, the ability to add my pics to my PS3 via the SD card, is really helpful and great. Also not to mention the new and awesome photo program you can download via the PlayStation network.

Also, reliability is also a plus.

It sux Sony does get more PS3 sales, in the end you are truly getting your money's worth no matter what. So $399 is not much at all for the asking price.

The problem is Sony's focus should be on selling this system to the masses...not just high end electronics buying nerds like me and rest of OS. Most consumers dont care about upgrading HDs (20 was fine for me on the 360. Most consumers think DVDs are fine and dont need or want a bluray player. Most consumers dont care about adding pics or music and if they did they can do it for cheaper on the 360.

I have both and I like the ps3 alot but I'm a tech nerd. People see price points and when they see two machines that play 85% of the same games and one is cheaper than the other....they are going to choose the cheaper one.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #79
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The problem is Sony's focus should be on selling this system to the masses...not just high end electronics buying nerds like me and rest of OS. Most consumers dont care about upgrading HDs (20 was fine for me on the 360. Most consumers think DVDs are fine and dont need or want a bluray player. Most consumers dont care about adding pics or music and if they did they can do it for cheaper on the 360.

I have both and I like the ps3 alot but I'm a tech nerd. People see price points and when they see two machines that play 85% of the same games and one is cheaper than the other....they are going to choose the cheaper one.
very true. but at this point i think a price drop wont help much. the economy is bad and people dont have much money. will the price drop boost sales enough to make up the difference they lose on lowering the price? i dont think so.

most people only buy one system. and at this point everyone who wants a system has one. either a ps3 or a 360. the price drop to $399 is just fine imo and very much worth a buy if u want a ps3. now if u only want a ps3 for one game (like some people only want it for THE SHOW) then yes it too much to pay when u already have a system but if u want the game that bad then thats just what ur gonna have to pay to play it (unless u buy it used).

i bought my 60 gb in AUG 07 for 500 bucks. worth every damn penny!
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 03-30-2009, 09:04 PM   #80
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6

Anyone think we could see a price drop by July? I think I may have the time to play by then and it would make my decision much easier if it were $299.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »