Home

How reliable is a PS3?? and ported games..?

This is a discussion on How reliable is a PS3?? and ported games..? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
How reliable is a PS3?? and ported games..?

Okay,
So I'm about to buy a PS3...but I'm going to get it new for the warranty, and the show...I've heard too many horror stories about XBOX 360 breaking. And I've looked, and looked and it seems like Sony is fair about replacing units, and all in all they hold up well...is this true?
And my other question, how do games that are originally for 360 look/play. Madden, HC, and such? I mean I wanna play the Show, and there are some nice games I like on 360 only (Lost Odyssey was great)..but I know the PS3 is the technically better system. I just worry about games playability and warranty lol, any anecdotes? Am I wrong about any conclusions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2009, 05:19 PM   #2
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: How reliable is a PS3?? and ported games..?

Not reliable enough.
Get the warranty.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:23 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 31

As far as I know, pitchingcoach, goh is the exception and not the rule. If you are feeling concerned you can get the warranty, but generally the PS3 seems to hold up much much better than the 360.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #4
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfunk880
As far as I know, pitchingcoach, goh is the exception and not the rule. If you are feeling concerned you can get the warranty, but generally the PS3 seems to hold up much much better than the 360.
Isn't there a year warranty anyway? And I read somewhere Sony will fix it for like 150 if out of warranty.

..Plus by the time you get a 360 w/wireless and and a hard drive it's the same price. In my eyes at least..
Old 05-01-2009, 05:33 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchingcoach36
Isn't there a year warranty anyway? And I read somewhere Sony will fix it for like 150 if out of warranty.

..Plus by the time you get a 360 w/wireless and and a hard drive it's the same price. In my eyes at least..
That's right...I was out of warranty, and had to send mine in for that $150. They sent me back the same model (60 GB) refurbished - at least I think it is. Anyway, no problems at all with this new one and it's been about 4 months now.

The first one, btw, lasted me the better part of 2 years (like 1 /3/4) before going out. And considering I used to leave it on all the time and run Life with Playstation (Folding) when I wasn't using it that wasn't too big of a surprise when it died.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #6
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

LOL yeah, I'm not THAT hard core. What about Madden and HC ? Do they look right? I suppose I should ask about 2k baseball too lol but eh.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:10 PM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

ok first off what the heck is HC ?????

Other then that, a warranty is a warranty. Don't matter what system you buy it for. And honestly 360s aren't dying at a high rate anymore like they were years ago.

Now to break it down further - 360 - $300 PS3 - $400

Would that 20GB difference really matter ??? No not really. And do you need wirless network connection for a 360 ? No you don't.

So it really comes down to what games you like. Because honestly The Show is about the only game I play for the PS3. And the only other games I own for the PS3 is Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, Socom Confrontation.

Sure technically PS3 is the better system. But currently is it worth that $400 price tag ? Hell no.

I can get a blu ray player for $150.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #8
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
ok first off what the heck is HC ?????

Head coach

I can get a blu ray player for $150.
$150 Blu Ray + $300 xbpx= $450 ...and I do need wireless lol. I don't want an ethernet cable across my apartment. Plus I really only play sports and RPGs so The show is huge for me, but I really like 2k as well

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »