Home

Need opinions from you PSP owners

This is a discussion on Need opinions from you PSP owners within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2009, 05:41 AM   #1
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Need opinions from you PSP owners

I'm thinking about buying a PSP slim. Mainly just to use it while I lie in bed getting ready to sleep. I always get the urge to play some games at night but I'm just too tired and lazy from work to go sit up in front of my HDTV and play my ps3 or 360. My questions are..... How are the load times with the slims? Another biggie for me is how is the web browser? I know it doesn't stream flash like youtube sites but other than that, is the web browsing pretty good? Don't really care much about battery life cuz I will just have it plugged in by my bed. Overall, is it worth buying? I have DS, but that has been collecting dust for a while. The sports games on DS are garbage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: Need opinions from you PSP owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
I'm thinking about buying a PSP slim. Mainly just to use it while I lie in bed getting ready to sleep. I always get the urge to play some games at night but I'm just too tired and lazy from work to go sit up in front of my HDTV and play my ps3 or 360. My questions are..... How are the load times with the slims? Another biggie for me is how is the web browser? I know it doesn't stream flash like youtube sites but other than that, is the web browsing pretty good? Don't really care much about battery life cuz I will just have it plugged in by my bed. Overall, is it worth buying? I have DS, but that has been collecting dust for a while. The sports games on DS are garbage.
Well, the web browser is fine.. it runs off wifi and is the same setup as your ps3.

You seem to be a sports game guy, so I think for you it would be worth it. Plus there are some very good games: Locoroco2, God of War, etc.

The new PSP-Go comes out later this year, so that's something to keep in mind as well.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:09 AM   #3
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

Well, I took the plunge and got a psp. I am having more fun on madden 09 for psp than I ever did with it on 360. The web browser is very good on my wifi, just wish they come out with newer flash support soon. And as I lay down to sleep now, I'm gonna fire up some Madden. LOL.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

I had a good time with Madden and The Show is great on PSP.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
I would wait to see if Sony announces a new one tomorrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2009, 01:41 AM   #6
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
I would wait to see if Sony announces a new one tomorrow.
too late. Already bought one. I'll probably buy the new one also when it comes out.

On another note, I just got MLB 09 on psp for free at Gamestop!! Just my luck that the gal that was working there made 2 mistakes which forced me to go back and she just rang it up as a free gift and gave me my money back because it was her fault she said. I think I should play the lottery now with this good luck
Old 06-04-2009, 11:08 AM   #7
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

That's awesome that you got MLB 09 for FREE!!! Way to go!

PSP was a good choice. I have both a PSP and DS and like you, my DS has been collecting dust for a while now. Last game I played was GTA; it was fun but once I finished it, there's nothing else out for me to play and I've already beaten all the other good games.

PSP will keep you interested for a while with MLB and Madden. I have the 08 versions of both and still play them a couple of times a week.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 06-04-2009, 06:05 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Fifa is really good too. Got my PSP for same reasons you did, and also enjoy all the Socoms and the 2 Syphon Filters. It's a great traveller for sure better than DS except for the puzzle games and such I'd say.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »