Home

A Few Transfer Kit Question (Xbox 360)

This is a discussion on A Few Transfer Kit Question (Xbox 360) within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18
A Few Transfer Kit Question (Xbox 360)

I am thinking about buying a transfer kit from amazon but I heard xbox gives away free transfer kits. I have a few questions.

1. Does the transfer kit xbox agives out for free allow me to get rosters from the internet and store them on my 60 GB hard drive?

2. I am thinking about purchasing this transfer kit

Does that transfer kit from amazon store saves to my hard drive too or is it only for memory cards?

The one from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Transfer-Kit-X...=operasport-20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 04:59 AM   #2
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: A Few Transfer Kit Question (Xbox 360)

Neither Microsoft nor Amazon give away transfer kits for free.
I believe what you're thinking about is the transfer CABLE,that you get when you purchase the 120gb hdd...to transfer your stuff from your existing hdd to the new one.
I'm not sure why the 60 gb hdd doesn't come with the transfer cable,but I've read a few people called Microsoft and were able to get a transfer cable sent to them.....but it's NOT what you put up in that picture.

I have the exact same thing you showed,all that's included in that package,is the installation cd,1 usb dongle for the 360 and 1 original dongle for the original action replay,this is what was used to transfer files on the original xbox.

However,in order to use the transfer kit (like you've shown) you WILL need to buy a memory card....for some reason I heard the 512 (I think that's the number,lol) card doesn't work properly,so just get the 64mb one,if you go this route.

Also,for the record.....I did use the transfer kit with great success in getting rosters for NCAA and Madden.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »