Home

The On-going Battle..Xbox 360 or PS3??

This is a discussion on The On-going Battle..Xbox 360 or PS3?? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #73
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: The On-going Battle..Xbox 360 or PS3??

360:
+ Turns on,plays games etc.
- Waiting a week for demos and not being able to get rosters sometimes just because I don't to want to pay $60 a year to get cursed at by kids not old enough to even play the game.
- Broke 6 times.
+ Was replaced at no cost to me 6 times.
- Hard drives cost too much.

PS3:
- Doesn't turn on or play games or movies. Just beeps and flashes a yellow light.

360 wins this one pretty easily.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #74
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

If you buy a new Xbox chances of a RROD are pretty slim, My xbox Elite has been going strong for 2 years now. But with the recent price drops, why not own both?
Old 08-28-2009, 08:49 AM   #75
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
But really just about everything that you could say was in the ps3 that wasn't in the 360 has been taken out each time they make a new sku.
The reason for this is because they realize the audience that would pick up the ps3 now dont care about those features. Lower the price by taking out some of the things no one really uses more than a handful of times. Anyone buying the ps3 now most likely is a joe-sixpack who grabs it, doesnt put it on the internet(no need for wifi) and buys a few games for his kids. "Who cares about PS2 BC, i want the latest madden". I am a strong proponent of BC but even I realize that will not help Sony sell as many units; just not worth it.

I still don't know a single person near me (friends and family) that has a blue-ray player. This was not the case when dvd's began springing up. Then again i didn't know anyone near me who had an HD-dvd player. I am pretty tech saavy and like new toys and gadgets just like the next gamer, and even I don't care about BD still; i can't imagine a family member buying a ps3 just to have BLUE-RAY(or an Xbox for HD-DVD at the time). It's about the games. Most features are a novelty and a couple of months later aren't even looked at (Hello Card Readers, Linux Support)

Both Sony and MS are now catering to the non-core gamer market because everyone else(Us core gamers, the guys who go to midnight releases for our hobby) has one or the other or both in this current generation.

Last edited by Bacardi151; 08-28-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 09:09 AM   #76
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
If you buy a new Xbox chances of a RROD are pretty slim, My xbox Elite has been going strong for 2 years now. But with the recent price drops, why not own both?
I am not sure that I would agree with you there

Old 08-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #77
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi151
The reason for this is because they realize the audience that would pick up the ps3 now dont care about those features. Lower the price by taking out some of the things no one really uses more than a handful of times. Anyone buying the ps3 now most likely is a joe-sixpack who grabs it, doesnt put it on the internet(no need for wifi) and buys a few games for his kids. "Who cares about PS2 BC, i want the latest madden". I am a strong proponent of BC but even I realize that will not help Sony sell as many units; just not worth it.

I still don't know a single person near me (friends and family) that has a blue-ray player. This was not the case when dvd's began springing up. Then again i didn't know anyone near me who had an HD-dvd player. I am pretty tech saavy and like new toys and gadgets just like the next gamer, and even I don't care about BD still; i can't imagine a family member buying a ps3 just to have BLUE-RAY(or an Xbox for HD-DVD at the time). It's about the games. Most features are a novelty and a couple of months later aren't even looked at (Hello Card Readers, Linux Support)

Both Sony and MS are now catering to the non-core gamer market because everyone else(Us core gamers, the guys who go to midnight releases for our hobby) has one or the other or both in this current generation.
Lol, incidentally, I'm surrounded by people who wanted bluray and therefor went the ps3 route. My parents, my gf's parents, my gf, two or three of my closest buddies, my brother...

Last edited by DickDalewood; 08-28-2009 at 09:49 AM.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #78
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Lol, incidentally, I'm surrounded by people who wanted bluray and therefor went the ps3 route. My parents, my gf's parents, my gf, two or three of my closest buddies, my brother...
As far as blue-ray, I don't know what it is then. I just don't have any inclination to have BR. Hell i just recently got on the netflix bandwagon and loving it so far, but i just watch a movie and that's it. My gamer friends being on the same wavelength don't even bring it up. I have a few friends with ps3 and no BR movies. Go figure.

Last edited by Bacardi151; 08-28-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #79
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

I go through kicks. I was on a PS3 kick for a while. Now I'm back on the 360 kick mainly because of Netflix and the XBLA games that have come out recently. Once Uncharted 2 comes out back to the PS3 for awhile.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:17 AM   #80
Cutch Happens

justamush's Arena

OVR: 16

I chose the PS3 over 360 because of reliability. I bought the PS3 18 months ago and I have had not one problem with it. Before I bought it, 5 of my friends had the 360, and everyone of them got the RROD. Some of them hardly played it and still got it. Ik now its fixed for free but it is still a pain in the butt that I did not want to deal with. This is why I chose PS3 and I have not been disappointed.

Not to mention I love the Sony exclusives (LBP, Ratchet, Uncharted and the Show are some of my favorite games.) However, I did not know anything about these games before I bought the PS3; it was an added bonus!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »